wanted uprated coil(what and where from)

C

Crazy

Thanks mate, so mine should be here any day now 8)

Any contact number for ReelSteel as I will be needing a resistor :)

C

Crazy

Going to slash my wrists now V :x

Its your fault :shock:

Thanks for the help you Big Nonce :p

C

Crazy

:oops: On page 4 :oops:

I take it back V, your not a Big Nonce........................for now anyway :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

bad press my ass! :lol: cheers for all the help, i fitted my coil today with no problems at all (this is not normal i am a numpty you know)

hardest part was finding somewhere safe to mount it. i didnt want the leads close to any other wires. ended up using my ssqv to tmic support bracket to mount the coil, i need to shift my battery, its a pain where it is :x

mounted the ballast resistor on the old coil bracket and just extended the wires.
the earths quite a thick wire so had to splash out on some rather than use speaker wire :shock: :lol: it raised the total price of the whole lot inc delivery ect to a massive £57 :D :D :D

O

Odin

sturat said:
bad press my bottom! :lol: cheers for all the help, i fitted my coil today with no problems at all (this is not normal i am a numpty you know)

hardest part was finding somewhere safe to mount it. i didnt want the leads close to any other wires. ended up using my ssqv to tmic support bracket to mount the coil, i need to shift my battery, its a pain where it is :x

mounted the ballast resistor on the old coil bracket and just extended the wires.
the earths quite a thick wire so had to splash out on some rather than use speaker wire :shock: :lol: it raised the total price of the whole lot inc delivery ect to a massive £57 :D :D :D
But does it feel any dif or better numpty? :wink: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

'does it feel different?' HAH!!! IT FEELS MUCH :twisted: MUCH :twisted: BETTER THANKS :D

wanted to run it to work today (37miles round trip) before i commented on it, just in case :oops: wouldn' t like a 'followed your advice and now my r' s dead' post on my mind would i :roll:

i used less petrol than i have been before, drove harder with more agressive on/off driving (safely of course) which canes petrol like a treat :twisted:
cars pulling from low down much more positively with more front end lift when i plant the right foot;. went out for a quick drive last night with the gf. i know this sounds daft but the car seems to be spooling up quicker and dumping louder than it did at the same rpm before. gf agreed. better burn, more exaust gas i assume. she also said it pushed her back in the seat harder than before 8)

cant say how effective a mod it could be because im not sure how knackered my coil was before, i saw it arc across to my ic bracket on startup one night how long it' d been doing it for i dont know. all other ignition parts are new. im gonna check the spark when i have the plugs out during the week.
thinking about the rest of the msd package now :roll:

can anyone tell me. would widening the gap on denso ik24' s give any improvment to the way the car runs?
and how much of a diffence could i expect using a bigger rear mounted battery?

cheers, stu

A

ard1ey

Up to a point bigger sparks should give a better burn, best way is to open them up a bit and try the car - if it doesn't pull cleanly under full boost then the gaps too big. Just be careful regapping, my new NGK's came with a piece of paper saying "For the love of god, don't regap these unless you absolutely have to or the sky will fall in and the world will end :shock: !!" - or words to that effect :) .

Bigger battery should have no effect, when its running your alternator should be powering the electrics.

O

Odin

sturat said:
she also said it pushed her back in the seat harder than before 8)

That's her just dreaming of some of my loveing matey :shock: :lol: .

sturat said:
can anyone tell me. would widening the gap on denso ik24' s give any improvment to the way the car runs?
and how much of a diffence could i expect using a bigger rear mounted battery?

cheers, stu
I think you should be able to run with a bigger gap which will give you a smoother idle and better fuel econ :wink: .

rob

S

str_motorsport

i have looked at msd web site, and found anything about the 0,8ohm resistor....
why is it necessary to fit that resistor?

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
sturat said:
That's her just dreaming of some of my loveing matey :shock: :lol: .
:lol: pm a piccy of your boat race and i' ll tell you EXACTLY what she says. frofl! you gotta be nearly 50 :lol:

I think you should be able to run with a bigger gap which will give you a smoother idle and better fuel econ :wink: .

rob
8) am gonna go for the big one .9mm :shock:

O

Odin

sturat said:
:lol: pm a piccy of your boat race and i' ll tell you EXACTLY what she says. frofl! you gotta be nearly 50 :lol:
:shock: F O O K OFF I'm a very young 41 I'll have you know matey :wink: , And it's a well know fact that us older men not only last longer but are all round better lover's :wink: .

So just let me know And I'll pop around to fill her GAP for you mate :twisted: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

skiddusmarkus said:
:shock: F O O K OFF I'm a very young 41 I'll have you know matey :wink: , And it's a well know fact that us older men not only last longer but are all round
rob

You're not wrong.
pmsl some people are built for speed, some for comfort. i take your an 'all rounder' then Rob :lol: knew id get you going with the 50 bit.

told jo, she pis*sed herself. reckon you got more chance of shagging matty :wink:

O

Odin

sturat said:
told jo, she pis*sed herself. reckon you got more chance of shagging matty :wink:
Mattey's prob better looking and more feminine than your jo anyway matey :wink: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
sturat said:
Mattey's prob better looking and more feminine than you jo anyway matey :wink: .

rob
:shock: he aint gotta bad wiggle but better looking :lol: you' d need 3 carrier bags, one for each of your heads and one for you to stand in :wink:

O

Odin

sturat said:
:shock: he aint gotta bad wiggle but better looking :lol: you' d need 3 carrier bags, one for each of your heads and one for you to stand in :wink:

Hahahaha, just see my other post for answer :wink:

rob