wanted uprated coil(what and where from)

O

Odin

campbellju said:
What are the Magnecor leads like for fitment?

Some aftermarket leads are no better than new OE but have a slack fit. I had to bin a set on my other car due to water ingress coroding the terminals :evil:

How much where the magnecors?
I'v never had a problem with them in 3 years of ownership matey 8) , But you get what you pay for in my opinion and they where not cheap at £90 odd quid :shock: .

rob

S

str_motorsport

i am veryhappy with my magnecor leads and they fit perfectly and never had a problem with them!!!!they are not cheap but magnecor is a big name and it means quality!!in my opinion!!
so for the coil the blaster ss will be good for the gti-r?

00sid

sounds interesting, i get a bit of misfire at full revs,

keep us posted how this turns out.

cheers :)

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
vpulsar said:
I'v never had a problem with them in 3 years of ownership matey 8) , But you get what you pay for in my opinion and they where not cheap at £90 odd quid
Thanks for the feedback Rob. 8) They sound worth it still.

O

Odin

Got a bit of a shock today in a nice way though :wink: .

Magnecor mailed me a price for my new HT lead I need and it has come to £9.06 + £3.50 next day delivery.

The new lead is a one off 24" KV85 with an end for my new msd coil added.

Cheap or what and a very very quick friendly service :D

rob

00sid

ive just got one of those msd coils, thing is i dont know if it should be fitted with a new ballast resistor or not.

it should run with a 0.8ohm resistor and i dont know what the standard resistor is on the r anyway.

anyone got any ideas?

O

Odin

00sid said:
ive just got one of those msd coils, thing is i dont know if it should be fitted with a new ballast resistor or not.

it should run with a 0.8ohm resistor and i dont know what the standard resistor is on the r anyway.

anyone got any ideas?
Have you fitted your's yet matey?. If so how did you get on?.

Please pm me if you have any usefull info :wink:

rob

skiddusmarkus

vpulsar said:
Got a bit of a shock today in a nice way though :wink: .

Magnecor mailed me a price for my new HT lead I need and it has come to £9.06 + £3.50 next day delivery.

The new lead is a one off 24" KV85 with an end for my new msd coil added.

Cheap or what and a very very quick friendly service :D

rob
Rob,can you forward the email on to me as I want to get one of these leads too(just bought the MSD coil and resistor)?

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
Yes 00sid has fitted his and it's running fine :wink: .

rob
funny how things happen to us all at the same time :roll: started the car up in the dark with the bonnet up and saw a spark arc to the ic mount from the coil :x :( . leads dizzy ect are all new so i guess mines on its way out too :roll:

so i need: an msd blaster ss coil and a magnecor adapter? is that everything? and is that resistor needed/relevent?

as a numpty :oops: any help would be appreciated

O

Odin

I think you have it coverd matey :wink:

I just ordered my resistor from realsteel, it's about £9 + postage the magnicore lead was about £12 all in 8) .

But the ss blaster dose come with a new end for your lead if you want to mount the coil in the same place so you could save yourself £12 :wink: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

where' s the resistor go then? off to wrk in a min, no time to take off ic :x

and is it .8ohm?

cheers :D for startin this thread, damn nearly ventured into toomeys!

O

Odin

The resistor goes between the standard plug wireing and the new coil, I asked the same question myself and this is what 00sid told me:

00sid said:
just use the wires on the plug.

hope this helps Stu :wink:

rob

JU5TY

Do you have the contact details for realsteel and what resistor we need?

So the stock lead does fit the ss blaster, so we can keep it in the stock position if we wish?

O

Odin

JU5TY said:
Do you have the contact details for realsteel and what resistor we need?

So the stock lead does fit the ss blaster, so we can keep it in the stock position if we wish?
yup:

http://www.realsteel.co.uk/

And if you want to fit the adaptor that come's with the ss blaster yes you can use the lead you already have :wink: .

And it's 0.8 ohm resistor :wink:

rob