Gizzmo Thermal intake gasket anyone?

vss irvine

jpward said:
No its not matey while the shape may indeed be the same the hole centres are different! I have one to hand so know too well!

:doh:
why would you take a gasket on holiday with you? weirdo!!

warringtonjack

Fitted the gasket today! Things are never easy, one of the bolts was seized and rounded! :doh:

But its on, and the fit is great. To be honest, I'd probably not want to go any thicker than it is at the moment, the nuts are on the limit of a full thread as it is. Pics below. :thumbsup:

Will be a while before the engine is up and running, but it would be interesting to find out how well these work, i.e how much they help drop the temp. :)

Cheers

Attachments

Last edited:

youngsyp

jpward said:
No its not matey while the shape may indeed be the same the hole centres are different! I have one to hand so know too well!

:doh:
How much difference is there ?

Paul

Last edited:

mr_nismo

well peeps - it seems the gasket fits perfectly - people happy with the results - 3mm seems to be optimum thickness for normal fitting purposes so if anybody wants one then drop me a PM and I will get you one cut!

Thanks

GTIR-LOZ

hi mate what is the life expectancy of these items are they going to last only a few years or will they go on for ever

mr_nismo

Should last for ages... should last longer than the OE item.

They aren't affected really by heat and will only disfigure if you really over tighten them.

Unlike std item they are also aren't affected by oil/fuel or by higher vibrations caused by derestricted exhausts, high revving, stiff engine mounts etc.

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't outlast any other part on the car.

WUZ

What the cost in comparison the the ones from the US costing 45 pounds? (I travel over there regularly and could pick up a dozen or so if they are cheaper and there is enough demand).

Russell (would rather get it from a supplier here though!)

J

jpward

vss irvine said:
why would you take a gasket on holiday with you? weirdo!!
Haha smart ass :lol:

@ Paul its enough to make it un-useable shame really when i went to the bother of actually asking for the gtir spacific one ahwell!

mr_nismo

Update to those who have ordered... gaskets should be back from cutting today so will be despatched tonight or tomorrow latest with any luck. :thumbsup:

Cheers!

mr_nismo

To ALL those which have ordered - gaskets despatched today via 1st class recorded delivery - should be with you tomorrow.

Anyone else in need of a gasket drop me a PM.

Cheers