Gizzmo Thermal intake gasket anyone?

mr_nismo

Keira - if i cover postage and you can find an old inlet manifold gasket somewhere would you post it to me?

Do people think there will be enough interest for a batch of these?
Perhaps x20 at say 25-30quids?

Keira

no problem, i know i definately have 1 on a spare engine but wont be near that for a while, i must have one somewhere else in my collection of cr@p, will have a look for you

youngsyp

mr_nismo said:
Keira - if i cover postage and you can find an old inlet manifold gasket somewhere would you post it to me?

Do people think there will be enough interest for a batch of these?
Perhaps x20 at say 25-30quids?
I've been meaning to get one for a while and now I've got to get round the back of the engine, it seems like a good time. So, I'll definitely have one.

Let us know how you get on matey.

Paul

P.s. I think the Hondata gaskets are 3.2mm thick. They obviously are know to work well so, that might be the thickness to aim for with the GTiR ones. Also, there isn't any fitting problems with a gasket that thick.

mr_nismo

As soon as I have the gasket from Keira I will get onto producing them.

I will probably knock up a batch of 10 first to see how we get on at minimum 3mm thickness.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Also, there isn't any fitting problems with a gasket that thick.

I doubt it very much Paul, I have one fitted to mine along with a 20mm spacer and my engine went back in no problem at all ;-) .

Rob

mr_nismo

Update - we have a gasket on the way courtesy of Keira (nice one!)... shouldn't be long before we have some nice PTFE ones!!

Will keep this updated... estimate cost is around the £25-30 mark atm.

J

jpward

mr_nismo said:
expect delivery middle of next week - am I best posting up in here when they arrive?
Yup as it will keep all the info together but for selling you would need to seek permission and post it in the for sale's!

Looking forward to seeing a few good photos also!

;-)

J

jpward

stevepudney said:
JP, to change the subject slightly, did you get the parcel of Gold I sent you ?

Thats a Rodger forgot to pm :oops:

Thanks

J

jpward

stevepudney said:
Cool, as long as it got to you OK, thats all that matters.

Have you fitted it yet ? got any pics ? :-D
No not yet have no time lately!! :yawn:

mr_nismo

I can't post in the For Sale bit though can I because I'm not a full member? Would I best just saying if you want one drop me an email or something or perhaps an ebay link?

Don't want to upset anyone! :-D

mr_nismo

Because I am already a member of about 3 other sites and I don't even own an 'R' anymore. I signed up here when I used to have one and a couple of mates of mine do own them and are on here too....

I'm just knocking these out as a favour and pop on the forum now and then.