Gizzmo Thermal intake gasket anyone?

GTIR-LOZ

they look very nice, will you need longer bolts etc to fit the inlet to the head if not send me a pm with a price please

STU666V

Looks very nice ;-) Has this type of gasket been tried before? On other cars? Was it any good?

Cheers

mr_nismo

£25 delivered these will have to be - only got x2 at the moment as I want to get a good feedback from first x2 that try fitment before everyone wants one.

I don't know if you would need longer bolts - you might do but I would think the std ones would easily hold. Like I say looking for fitment feedback from the first one or two to confirm this but people have fitted these in the past with std bolts - thicker than std but not sure by how much.

PTFE gaskets are used by many motorsport companies and have been for years... we have seen positive results when we have been asked to make them for other cars - generally hot hatches - i.e. clio williams, 172, etc.

mr_nismo

'vss irivine' is purchasing one of these and I have requested feedback to the forum so you all guaranteed the quality of the item...

kenan

South West Regional Rep
when you say positive feedback, what do they do? may be a stupid question but I'm simple :)

mr_nismo

the x2 i have made are either paid for or pending echeque clearance so both sold... i'm sure both will leave feedback once rec'd and fitted.

please watch this space for feedback... if the gaskets are fine as I predict they will be I will get a larger batch cut.

mr_nismo

Gaskets should have now been rec'd peeps so just waiting for feedback.... :-D

Following that will get a bigger batch made.

Ta!

WUZ

Also, I'd take a couple of these in either 3mm or 5mm (prefer 5mm if possible as these are the size we use in the Scoobs and Evo's).

Russell

mr_nismo

We are waiting for feedback confirmation that the 3mm fits ok and then they will be available to all....

...5mm we possibly could do but we would have to purchase a sheet so would need a few people interested in this thickness. Obviously price would have to go up too because 5mm is a lot dearer to buy. Could use nylon 66 but there is nothing wrong with using PTFE, we have the supplier setup already etc.

mr_nismo

just to bump this up I have 're-requested' feedback information so we can get on with getting these gaskets made available.

On a side note does the gtir share its inlet manifold with any other model - i.e. would this gasket fit anything else? I have been asked to knock up a S13 and S14 gasket and wondered if this would be applicable to either?

youngsyp

mr_nismo said:
just to bump this up I have 're-requested' feedback information so we can get on with getting these gaskets made available.

On a side note does the gtir share its inlet manifold with any other model - i.e. would this gasket fit anything else? I have been asked to knock up a S13 and S14 gasket and wondered if this would be applicable to either?
As I said at the beginning (or around there) of this post, the GTiR inlet gaskets are the same shape as the S13.

Paul

mr_nismo

Just heard from 'warringtonjack' that he will hopefully be trial fitting the R gasket this weekend... from that we can confirm thickness and get a batch run off for those interested straight away.

youngsyp

mr_nismo said:
oh sorry chap didn't see it else I wouldn't have asked - cheers mate
No worries matey.

I'm itching to see what results your gaskets are giving. I've been after one for years !
Shame I didn't see them for sale as, I had the inlet side off just 2 weeks ago. :doh:

Paul

J

jpward

youngsyp said:
As I said at the beginning (or around there) of this post, the GTiR inlet gaskets are the same shape as the S13.

Paul
No its not matey while the shape may indeed be the same the hole centres are different! I have one to hand so know too well!

:doh:

A

alana

jpward said:
No its not matey while the shape may indeed be the same the hole centres are different! I have one to hand so know too well!

:doh:
I've got one aswell :doh: