Gizzmo Thermal intake gasket anyone?

J

jpward

Ok just wondering who would be interesting in fitting one?

I could only find demontweeks selling them @ £75 + P&P :sad:

Think i might be able to get 10 for £55 delivered into your hand :twisted:

INFO

Bearing in mind for every 10oF you take away you gain about 1hp and also help keep heat soak to a minimum

:thumbsup:

youngsyp

They come up on ebay for around $75US. There are plenty of decent alternatives out there for very little money too !

There's also a company in the UK that should be able to replicate the Gizzmo version, using the same material !

J

jpward

youngsyp said:
They come up on ebay for around $75US. There are plenty of decent alternatives out there for very little money too !

There's also a company in the UK that should be able to replicate the Gizzmo version, using the same material !

Ones on Ebay are for s13 at $77 which are different already looked into that ;-) ;-) Plus they were looking $40 for shipping which takes it up to £59 quid

The propper GTIR ones are $90 and can be got online with the similar shipping amount going direct to Auz i should be able to get 10 delivered for £55 which will be propper fit and also no tax for anyone thats interested!

youngsyp

jpward said:
Ones on Ebay are for s13 at $77 which are different already looked into that ;-) ;-) Plus they were looking $40 for shipping which takes it up to £59 quid

The propper GTIR ones are $90 and can be got online with the similar shipping amount going direct to Auz i should be able to get 10 delivered for £55 which will be propper fit and also no tax for anyone thats interested!
The ones for the S13 will fit just fine ! You need a SR20 high port gasket which, the S13 also has. I've also looked into it.... several times ! ;-)

If you have a look around the site, you will see a pic of Jim's (campbellju) inlet manifold, with a SR20 high port gasket fitting very nicely !

If you dig around eBay, you'll find PTFE gaskets that work just as well as the Gizzmo ones, for around $20US plus $20US fitting ! Hondata have been making PTFE gaskets for years, for Honda's, Nissan's and Mazda's etc... they doo work very well.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Not guilty ;-)
It might be Kieron, I think he spent a lot of time investigating Gizmo gaskets.

youngsyp

campbellju said:
Not guilty ;-)
It might be Kieron, I think he spent a lot of time investigating Gizmo gaskets.
Sorry Jim, I should have been more clear.

I didn't mean you had a thermal gasket, just that you could tell from the gasket you were using, that the S13 one would fit perfectly !

mr_nismo

Hi;

Sorry to hijack people but...

These prices seem somewhat high to me for what it is! Surely all you need is a PTFE gasket of roughly 2-3mm thickness... as long as fitting this doesn't become an issue over the std gasket thickness? Long time since I owned a pulsar so I can't remember to be honest.

I am probably preaching to the converted here but PTFE has been used in the motorsport world for years because it doesn't conduct heat there is no transfer between head and inlet, thus keeping intake temps down. I recently made an inlet manifold gasket and throttle body gasket for a 1.8 16v clio (hot as *** engine bay) and the reductions were very impressive!

Is there just one inlet manifold gasket you change here?
- if so has anyone got the part no for the OE one or got a spare one knocking about.

Are there anymore gaskets on the intake side which could be replaced for benefit too - i.e. off the throttle body, etc?

I'll then see (if enough people want them that is) if I can get batches made up out of PTFE, lazer cut and offer them to you at a better price - I'd estimate nearer £25-30.

Cheers

Chris

youngsyp

mr_nismo said:
Hi;

Sorry to hijack people but...

These prices seem somewhat high to me for what it is! Surely all you need is a PTFE gasket of roughly 2-3mm thickness... as long as fitting this doesn't become an issue over the std gasket thickness? Long time since I owned a pulsar so I can't remember to be honest.

I am probably preaching to the converted here but PTFE has been used in the motorsport world for years because it doesn't conduct heat there is no transfer between head and inlet, thus keeping intake temps down. I recently made an inlet manifold gasket and throttle body gasket for a 1.8 16v clio (hot as *** engine bay) and the reductions were very impressive!

Is there just one inlet manifold gasket you change here?
- if so has anyone got the part no for the OE one or got a spare one knocking about.

Are there anymore gaskets on the intake side which could be replaced for benefit too - i.e. off the throttle body, etc?

I'll then see (if enough people want them that is) if I can get batches made up out of PTFE, lazer cut and offer them to you at a better price - I'd estimate nearer £25-30.

Cheers

Chris
You're right, they are very over priced for what they are. If you look on eBay.com, you should find a PTFE equivalent for around £25 delivered.

If you were to make them from PTFE, it would need to be the correct grade. It would also need to be around 3mm thick (the Hondata ones are 3.2mm thick). If you have a look on the web, there have been attempts to 'DIY' these. That's where you will see what grade of PFTE you need to withstand the heat generated by an engine.

There is only 1 gasket that's worthwhile doing on the inlet side. That's the one between the throttle bodies and the head. This will be 1 piece also, as with the ones currently available for the GTiR.
You could put one between the throttle bodies and the plenum but, this would only serve to increase plenum capacity. Clearly, it's the throttle bodies you're trying to isolate.

Paul

mr_nismo

I have previously generated these using the correct grade of PTFE which won't misfigure till roughly 500 degrees. 3mm is not a problem and is the norm for these gaskets as long as it doesn't cause any fitting issues - i.e. on a clio 172 they can't be thick due to breather problems. As you say Hondata are 3mm+ and are known to be of a good quality.

Does anybody have a part number for the gasket between the throttle bodies and head??

If I were to lazer generate a batch of these from a direct copy of the OE part in the correct grade 3mm+ PTFE would there be any interest on here or would it be a waste of time due to the ones currently available on ebay? Thats to say the ones on ebay are actually any good?! ;-)

O

Odin

mr_nismo said:
I have previously generated these using the correct grade of PTFE which won't misfigure till roughly 500 degrees. 3mm is not a problem and is the norm for these gaskets as long as it doesn't cause any fitting issues - i.e. on a clio 172 they can't be thick due to breather problems. As you say Hondata are 3mm+ and are known to be of a good quality.

Does anybody have a part number for the gasket between the throttle bodies and head??

If I were to lazer generate a batch of these from a direct copy of the OE part in the correct grade 3mm+ PTFE would there be any interest on here or would it be a waste of time due to the ones currently available on ebay? Thats to say the ones on ebay are actually any good?! ;-)

Hello matey, Are you a trader ?.

If so please read the forum rules regarding trading on this forum, ie it's not allowed with out permission form one of th admin which is unlikely!.

Rob

mr_nismo

Hi;

No I'm not a trader mate... used to use this forum before and couple of my mates are on here with pulsars. I realise it looks bad with only a couple of posts to my name though! All it is I've recently come into source with a decent lazer cutter and having talke about this issue previously with pulsars thought it would be a good idea to discuss and offer the gaskets to people at a better price. This isn't my business or anything like that! :thumbsup:

If anyone can get me the original part number for the gasket Ill buy one, get some knocked up and post in the sale section or group buy if thats ok?!

mr_nismo

Can soon become one though if people are going to buy or do it through my mate who is a member... I don't own a pulsar atm and Im signed up to that many forums already it is a joke - most of watch are dodgy french hatchback ones to try and keep my ragaboom on the road lol