CFX Carbon/Kevlar GTI-R bonnets.

B

Bream

celm said:
bream could u make it with the center scoop to look like this?
The simple answer is yes, as just about anything is possible to make, the not so easy question to answer is how much, that would really depend on firm numbers.

Cheers,

Jeff

A

Anonymous

how the heck could anyone want a normal bonnett for the r you must be all mad why dont you all go and buy a nova if you want to do that. Take away the bonnett you might aswell take away the R :evil: :evil: :evil:

S

Sirnixalot

you may like the thought of the bonnet wanting to plough into the winsheild at anything past 60mph but i dont.

i would love some sort of reverse scoop but i know that there wont be enough interest so ill settle for the regular one.

A

Anonymous

Guys,

While I understand that the scoop will disrupt the airflow a little I think the problem is with the shape of the back of the car. The most aerodynamic shape is a teardrop shape (round end first). I don't think any amount of bonnet smoothing will overcome the drag caused by the rear of the car. Wouldn't you be better off extending the arches to cover the wheels and adding an undertray the length of the car to reduce drag?

I do agree however, that the big scoop lets cool air in and most of us want to let the hot air out. For this a bonnet like the SE one will help.

Just my understanding, any comments???

Cheers,
Dunc