CFX Carbon/Kevlar GTI-R bonnets.

B

Bream

BTW, if anyone is free tomorrow and fancies a meet up, they are welcome to come along to our monthly meet at the Bubble Inn just south of Derby. Should be a load of cars there tomorrow, GTi-R, EVOs, Skylines, Supras, GT4s, Cossies, 200sx, and just about everything else as we normally get about 40 cars turn up, over 50 in summer :shock: 8)

And, I'll be there with my EVO and CFX bonnet, so you can come along and check it out for yourself :wink:

Check http://www.davewilkinsgtr.co.uk/master.htm?
http://www.davewilkinsgtr.co.uk/futuremeetings.htm

Please see above link for directions and info on past and future meets.

Cheers,

Jeff

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you weghed the Evo bonnet? What does it weigh, just to give us an idea. The Turini bonnet I got was quoted as 5kg, but it weighed over 8kg when I weighed it. :evil:

B

Bream

Yep, they were weighed accurately by Roger Clark Motosport:

EVO carbon/kevlar bonnet was 5.6kgs
Focus carbon bonnet was 4.95 kgs

So I expect the GTi-R bonnet to be around the 5kgs mark, and that's a promise :wink: 8)

B

Bream

JU5TY said:
Any news on the decided deisgn? :D
Not yet sorry, still waiting for the delivery, will post back as soon as we have some ideas.

Cheers,

Jeff

B

Bream

I should have the full details by this time next week, including design options, pricing, shipping info, timescales and be ready to take deposits.

Unfortunately I had a delay on sending the OEM bonnet out, but this now in the air as I type and it's booked into production as soon as it hits the shop.

Cheers,

Jeff

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Bream said:
I should have the full details by this time next week, including design options, pricing, shipping info, timescales and be ready to take deposits.

Unfortunately I had a delay on sending the OEM bonnet out, but this now in the air as I type and it's booked into production as soon as it hits the shop.

Cheers,

Jeff

Good stuff... :D

B

Bream

I sent a standard GTi-R bonnet, because it's critical to use a perfect OEM fitting bonnet to form the moulds. We never ever use a fibreglass type product to work from, as experience has taught us that this can cause major problems with panel gaps and overall fit :(

Basically I don't want to speculate about designs until next week, I've taken all the feedback from you chaps off the site and we'll run through this before deciding what we are and are not willing to do :wink:

But we will be offering a direct OEM style bonnet and another version yet to be finalised for others 8)

Cheers,

Jeff

A

Anonymous

I'd be interested in the OEM but I'd be very interested in something like
this

You can just about see what it looks like on this skyline

A

Anonymous

I might be interested in a standard style bonnet. Could you give me a price for it shipped to my house in Detroit, MI?

Cheers,
Duncan

JU5TY

Still after an OEM shape bonnet, but if I did have to choose another design it would defo be the above bonnet Moon has posted pictures of!

B

Bream

I've started a new thread guys here as this one was getting a little long.

Can't wait to see the ends results, I can guarantee you they'll be absolutely fantastic :shock: 8)

Cheers,

Jeff

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'll put this here to keep the other thread clear, but how many orders would you need to make the other style bonnet? I'd like it for aerodynamics as much as cooling. (I don't see the standard bonnet helping much in that respect)

B

Bream

7, but 5 absolute min, what you guys will have to recognise is that this could cost quite a bit more :cry:

We're always very keen to keep cost down as much as possible for customers, hence why we're honest up front.

I think you'll be suprised by the bonnet design we're going with, IMHO the OEM bonnet isn't very pretty as it is, with the side vents almost stuck on as an after though. The design we're going with will incorperate all of this into a complete single smooth piece of carbon/kevlar art :D

I understand where you're coming from with improving aerodynamics, but being honest I don't think just loosing the OEM bulge will make a great deal of difference. It's a relatively smooth profile as it is, I'd suggest there would be a lot more benefit in modifying the rear of the car as the GTi-R must have a high drag profile? Or even the under tray of the car?

Just being honest hear and I'm happy to debate it further, this iss what we've been doing for the past week or so before announcing the group buy.

Cheers,

Jeff