CFX Carbon/Kevlar GTI-R bonnets.

G

GTI-R Kid

Afraid you'll have to mail it to be bud. I can't accept any file transfers in work because of the firewall (well i can accept but they won't work). Mail it to gtir@iol.ie

S

Sirnixalot

:? no offense..it may be functional but the idea of wasting Kevlar on that design is pointless as im almost certain it would be a one off .......you want heat extraction....just get the standard bonnet scoop reversed.....no aerodynamic drag and a perfect air exhaust right over the engine

i only designed it like that cause i liked the style and am not to fussy bout heat extraction on a 1.6 when it comes to buying my r ill make a diff vent that will work for the turbo :)

B

Bream

Sirnixalot said:
......you want heat extraction....just get the standard bonnet scoop reversed.....no aerodynamic drag and a perfect air exhaust right over the engine
Now that sounds like a good idea :)

As there is enough initial interest I'll now send over the OEM bonnet to our production shop for them to look over properly. I'll then come back with some design ideas we can look over and decide the perfered options.

If you'd like any more info then please drop me a line.

Regards,

Jeff

CFXBodywerksUK
www.carbonfibrefx.com
07966 029140

JU5TY

When do we find out which design is to be made? ***Cough*** STOCK ***Cough*** :wink:

Or are you leaving the poll open a bit longer?

B

Bream

:lol:

To be a viable group buy we really need 7+ people prepared to place deposits once the design is agreed. And, it seems there are 2 general types emerging for those with FM and those without, so that 14 in total.

So, When I’ve finally added up the number of response’s from this thread and the e-mails everyone’s sent me I can post up the results. Sorry this hasn’t been done yet but I spent the best part of last week and this weekend working on my own car.

Had some fantastic feedback from general people about CFX and our products, see here for more info:

And more pictures the CFX EVO 5 RS, including these:

Hkondakci

Still looks very wicked Jeff 8)

You know you can count on me on this :wink: blue kevlar one, still is :wink:

and awaiting with patience your first results on our R bonnets :wink:

rgds
habib

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I'm after a kevlar one with either an EVO style vent or with the standard scoop reversed to vent heat...

Rishi

A

Anonymous

Hi there,i would like a standard Gti-R bonnet complete with bulge and vents in Black Kevlar pleeze :wink: :D . could i also pleeze see a picture of a bonnet in blue kevlar,just to see what it would look like :roll: .Thanx.
Pete 8)

J

jaigtir

good choice Pete, just what i want to go with the new paintjob :D

J

jaigtir

Hi Pete, yeah, its all basically done, just waiting for a passenger headlight that i ordered as my current one has a broken bracket that the front bumper fits to. Looks very nice indeed. Top quality job, thier attention to detail is spot on.
Hopefully should have it back by weekend, you going to be making an appearance at the maidstone meet?

A

Anonymous

Hi Jai,i never knew anything about a maidstone meet,when is it mate :?:
Pete 8)

A

Anonymous

Aaahh,would this be the Henrys Table meet young man :?: :) .I thought you was going out on the p1ss in London on the 8th :?: .
Pete 8)

A

Anonymous

I have a FMIC, but I would like to retain the scoop for my oil cooler, which is mounted in place of the stock intercooler.

It needs to be a gtir oem bonnet shape in my opinion.

Here's another option for the people after an evo style bonnett. (jap pics)

Could just make to seperate inserts one for stock gtir one for evo styles.

B

Bream

Our bonnets are made in 2 halves, top/outer in carbon or carbon kevlar, the under support structure is made from a grp/fibre type material, as shown here:

Hope to be shipping the OEM bonnet early next week :) been waiting for the bonnet to come of the donor car :(

Regards,

Jeff