Bens Engine Rebuild

P

pulsarboby

yep youll need 86mm pistons ben as saiod on phone.
go for new cp's 8:5.1 comp and lightly hone the bores then gap the rings as per spec

bensmith907

Didn't quite get away scott free, Block whet off today for a machined hone due to a couple of dents at tdc. could have been worse I suppose.

Crank is getting a polish too.

bensmith907

right the build has started today with a massive fail straight away after lapping in the valves I removed my first stem seal just to find that the supplier of the new ones just sent me 24 inlet seals and no exhaust seals (he got confused and sent me a RB25 Det kit). so a drive to nissan and their getting some in for me at the cost of £32. on the plus side the supplier is going to refund me the full ammount so I now have enough for two more rebuilds for free :)

also whilst I was at Nissan I asked them for some liquid sealant the guy went out back and came back with a tube with 2/3 remaining and gave it to me for free :) so I saved myself £45 there which was just as well because when I got home I had a ransom note from Parcelforce saying I need to pay £40 for import tax :(

all in all today has balanced out ok and I cant wait to put it all together and try it out!

bensmith907

Fitted all the valves today, just need to do some measurements now and re-shim it as all the shims that were there were all smashed to pieces except for one or two that were fine.

also fitted the crank to the block with the new ACL race bearings

bensmith907

`very nice, its coming together now mate.

so all being well you will have it built at work tonight lol
Hope so mate, bottom end any way!
Im waiting for Henners on the modifiers site to arrange a head gasket, but he appears to have disappeared off the face of the planet so I may end up having to buy a full price one soon.

Fitted the same CP`s to mine and cant remember, but am sure a put the CP marked stamped underneath the pistons facing towards you if your looking at the top of the block

P

pulsarboby

cp's can be fitted either way the gudgeon pins arent offset like weisco or je's

bensmith907

I've read somewhere(but cannot. Find it again) that you should use a crAppy oil after a rebuild, is this true? Does it have to be full mineral of is semi synthetic also suitable? What are other people using? Thanks