We need a 3" exhaust!!!

GINGA

Alot of people are always saying they want a 3" exhaust but there doesn't seem to be one easily available so what I suggest is we all call Blueflame the makers of mongoose exhausts on Tel: 01695 555551 Fax: 01695 733100 or send them a email through their enquiry form http://blueflameperformance.com/enquiries.htm and pester them until they agree to make us one 3" from turbo back inc cat pipe and yes I know its only 2.5" at the turbo elbow but maybe they could make us a 3" turbo outlet elbow to if we pester them enough :twisted:

andygtir

i thought blueflame made 3 inch exhausts for the car already, my mates got one :?: not sure about the turbo elbow though.

Jobi Joba

here is what I've just written:

As many Nissan Sunny GTIR owners,I'd like to have a 3" exhaust system from turbo back inc cat pipe.Trouble is yours is "only" 2.5"... and I also would like to have a 3" turbo outlet elbow cause Nissan std part is way too restrictive!I guess you'll receive other enquiries like this one as I'm not the only one who want to fit such an exhaust system on his GTIR.Do you think you could make it?Even in limited supply...I'm sure there will be some members of the GTIROC forum who would be really interested in this product!

E

Evil_GtiR

guys just wondering would it be excessively loud with 3 inch full systems? Cause we have some new exhaust noise regulations in new zealand which restrict us to have only mufflers no louder than standard factory conditions, which I think is a pain in the ass!

Mr GTiR

hehehe, the person in question i think is me.

From what i know i was the first person to have a 3" exhaust system made by Blueflame, but it's not turbo back cos they can't make the dump pipe. But i can supply them one to develope a prototype. They could also use my exhaust as a template as it's already made 8)

if enough peeps ask them then i think they will make one as i have been asking for ages.

The person you need to speak to is Ian Birch on 01695 733100 and tell them Andy Chan from the GTiR owners club sent you.

I'll try and ring him this week and see what i can sort out. But how many peeps would be interested in a 3" system? Post your names on here if your interested. I paid £300 + VAT for mine.

I had mine built dump pipe back and it's straight through. I've got some pic's somewhere :?

A

Anonymous

i like anti lag have a 3" from turbo down pipe back

some one is willing to copy it if they want

Jobi Joba

Trouble is I'm not that sure Blue Flame willbe able to develop an improved turbo elbow...and a 3" exhaust with stock turbo elbow is wasting money for nothing but noise...

Mr GTiR

right i have spoken to Ian this morning and yes they are willing to make a 3" exhaust system and sell it. All they would do is take my exhaust off and make a jig for it.

The problem is the 3" dumpipe...... I need to give them my car for a few days so they can develope one. I have a spare dump pipe knocking around so i can let them have that for the fitting size etc.

I need to speak to the MD of Blueflame who is back on Monday so i will speak to him soon and get it organised.

DO NOT PHONE IAN as i'm trying to get a group buy together so a 3" exhaust systems will be available off the shelf for you guys.

If i don't reply back to this thread by mon night/tue lunch time, can someone PM to remind me cos i have a memory like a goldfish lol.

Who else is having a batch of 3" exhausts made up cos i don't want to step on anybody's toes if they have already gone to the trouble of organising a group buy :?:

Jobi Joba said:
Trouble is I'm not that sure Blue Flame willbe able to develop an improved turbo elbow...and a 3" exhaust with stock turbo elbow is wasting money for nothing but noise...
so you trying to say that my exhaust is all noise and no go :evil:

When i had my exhaust made, at the time, there was not that much interest for a 3" dump pipe so i never bothered, but want one know :twisted:

Jobi Joba

Mr GTiR said:
Jobi Joba said:
so you trying to say that my exhaust is all noise and no go :evil:

When i had my exhaust made, at the time, there was not that much interest for a 3" dump pipe so i never bothered, but want one know :twisted:
I mean fitting a 3" exhaust instead of a std 2.5" Mongoose will not really improve the performance of the car because the std turbo elbow is too restrictive.Actually,it's not worth the extra money it costs I think.That's why I want a full SS 3" system with an improved turbo elbow!!! :twisted:

Noise (but I don't care) AND horsepower!!! :twisted: :twisted:

C

Crazy

Mr GTiR is your 3 inch exhaust as loud as the normal mongoose or EVEN louder! :shock: :p :lol:

GINGA

Thats great news Andy 8) I think that for them to be able to make a decent dump pipe they will have to change the downpipe setup from the original and it will then only fit R's with no aircon as it will have to use the space where the aircon pump is to make it worth while doing :wink:

Mr GTiR

Crazy said:
Mr GTiR is your 3 inch exhaust as loud as the normal mongoose or EVEN louder! :shock: :p :lol:
YES :D

Ginga - yeah i know. But if peeps want a 3" dump pipe then the aircon has to go :wink:

I'll speak to Nigel on Monday and try and get somthing organised cos he was interested in making me a bigger dump pipe when i hade my exhaust done but i never had a spare dump pipe to develop one on.

I'm thinking of having it made with seperate wastegate pipe simular to the item Kev R recently purchased. Mail me off list if you have any suggestions for te desin of the pipe Andyc@finite.co.uk

What i hope to get is a new downpipe with a TRUE 3" dump pipe so it will be a turbo back 3" system :D