Raising the compression?

noriek2003

the cbr coils are being used on god knows how many sfwd honda drag cars running 40psi plus, making close to or over 1000bhp, i honestly have never heard of any of them having a single problem with them at all

hence why i chose them

red reading

pulsarboby said:
most probs with the stick coils on bikes comes through water ingress, dry joints etc.
also due to limited space people tend to force the wiring and coils when changing plugs which can also cause faults to occur due to cracked insulation and spark tracking.
but other than that they very rarely go wrong, not at standard power anyway.
have to disagree with you there bob,they break down when they feel like it,i have had 2 go on my zx10r,my cousin had one go on his 6r and one on his brand new 10r,one on my old zx9r,one on my old gsxr, most of these have died before the bikes even had there first service! the normal first sign's that they are on theway is tickover becomes lumpy

P

pulsarboby

:shock: that is bad luck dan, luck of the draw i suppose!
cant say that ive ever had a problem with one though other than what i said above, not saying troubles dont occur perhaps ive just been lucky in the ones ive had.

red reading

there all denso cap/coils on the bikes kei,the only differances are the height or width of them as every bike head design is different

red reading

have a look at marine two-stroke coils now they are nasty high voltage things,they run plugs that have no side electrodes and rarely breakdown

Godzilla

a pillar pods

hey all im after a 2 or 3 pillar pod for the gtir just wondering if anyone has seen and good fitting ones or am i going to have to buy a universal one and cut and shut it,

also on the 3 centre gauges what are they . oil temp, oil pressure , and boost is that correct in that order and were should the oil ones be ditting after a warm drive say an hours worth etc driving sensible like though.

olliecast

hey all im after a 2 or 3 pillar pod for the gtir just wondering if anyone has seen and good fitting ones or am i going to have to buy a universal one and cut and shut it,

also on the 3 centre gauges what are they . oil temp, oil pressure , and boost is that correct in that order and were should the oil ones be ditting after a warm drive say an hours worth etc driving sensible like though.

if bobby hasn`t got one i use a nomad a pillar pod:
http://www.nomadracing.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=54&osCsid=29fef05ea5e6cadbe76cb17f93bd180a

John

L to R:

Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Boost

After an hour of sensible driving I would expect oil temp to be sitting at around 75 to 80 degrees, however Im not in the best position to comment as im running an oil cooler so that may not be 100% representative of what oil temps you would get on a stock setup.

GTiR-Aholic

Par Box - Steve Coleby?

Hi guys,

Well this is my first post on this forum.. Tried to join a few times but got rejected. Basically I bought a gearbox from Steve Coleby on the internet (yes I read your forum about him "WARNING!!!!" and my purchase was before reading this)

Basically, the box isn't as loud as I thought.. in 3rd gear doing like 75mph it's not exactly screetching loud..

So my question is, will it get louder as I move up in to 4th & 5th? - Or have I been bumped?.. it does make a nice whining sound though.. I pulled him up about it asking if it's Nismo but he said he sold his Nismo and they don't even do a straight-cut

Also, he said it's a close ratio, I never heard of a PAR close ratio.

I bought the OS Giken clutch too.. that's real!

Anyways, any comments would be appreciated. Love this forum, I always come on here and read the topics :p I'm posting a topic introducing myself.. hope to be here for many years to come :)

GTiR-Aholic

Just a thought.. because my gearbox is a little screwed (Stuck in 3rd Gear).. if i take pics when opening it up, can anybody on here confirm it's got PAR internals if I post the pic up?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
The PAR box is only straight cut 1st and 2nd. The rest are just normal helical gears. 1st and 2nd will whine but it should quiten straight after that..

JU5TY

Done 1000 miles now on my PAR gearset problem free, sometimes have to double declutch when changing down into 3rd, but other than that seems fine.

Touch wood! ;)