Raising the compression?

P

pulsarboby

send me the cheque and let him collect the money from me, il be over the moon to see him.
he sold me a crap engine which cost over a grand and lasted 2 days and still not got my money back or money for parts sent to him in the past.
just tell him 'pulsarbobys got your money', so youll have to sort it out with him;-)
then tell him to go fcuk hiself for selling you a useless pile of shite box

pm sent

Last edited by a moderator:

bracpan

Bernie re-built the PAR box I run, works like a dream after he machined a few bits ( like Jon said ) gears are actually wider than the Quiafe so if its been put together propaly it should be fine. Mine whines like an old woman, as its PAR syncro gears in the first 4 then normal 5th, ,,,but is a very slick box to use.
Good luck hope it workes out for you.
phil

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I'm suprised he has the cheek to ask for the money for a dud box considering the amount of crap he's sold.. That and the parts he's bought without paying for!

GTiR-Aholic

okay found the first fault on inspection even before opening the box, as i was loosening the bolts i noticed that an oil seal was sitting proud on one side.. Then realised its on the wrong way round :| how the hell could that have passed on a test rig?!

More to come i bet :mad:

GTiR-Aholic

okay box is open.. the oil seal that was on the wrong way round, was sitting proud from one side as if it was pushed in unevenly but I guess that could have slipped out from 1 side due to the fact it was put on in reverse.

I can confirm, the gears 1-4 are cut and the 5th is helical.. Nismo didn't do such a gearset did they? So I'm assuming I've really got myself a PAR set..

The gears are perfectly fine, the only probs I found is the syncro's 2,3 & 4 are completely worn as well as a few bearings. Need to get my hands on a seal kit for this, I think the seals/bearings are not uprated on these boxes, only the gearset itself.. because I do have a few of these seals in stock yet I've never done an uprated box before so that's a bit odd.

Yeah ignore the test rig bit lol.. We have test rigs for turbos, ecu's and steering components but not for gearboxes which is a shame, I did see a nice one in a video on youtube but can't find it now.

GTiR-Aholic

Got your pm with address, will have that cheque in the post tomorrow to you.

send me the cheque and let him collect the money from me, il be over the moon to see him.
he sold me a crap engine which cost over a grand and lasted 2 days and still not got my money back or money for parts sent to him in the past.
just tell him 'pulsarbobys got your money', so youll have to sort it out with him;-)
then tell him to go fcuk hiself for selling you a useless pile of shite box

pm sent

P

pulsarboby

cheers matey il give you £200 worth of parts in return

so come get the £200 from me coleby (i know your reading this) address is on my website and im looking forward to it.

GTiR-Aholic

just out of interest how come you owe him 200? did he let you take the bits without paying?
Yeah, paid only for the Par box and clutch/flywheel set but I guess with all the extra hassle that he's put me through.. taking the box off and having to repair it and everything.. I'm glad i didn't pay him.

I'm no thief and I was going to put the cheque in the post to him but he sold me a box which was on the end of it's life, told me he had it recently reconditioned! - So Steve Coleby's cheque is going in post to bobby instead in exchange for some good bits I need :thumbsup:

gtirjoey

dont worry i totally agree i have head what he has done to everyone in the gtir world glad hes getting a little taste of his own medicine

GTiR-Aholic

lol i like how you put that.. steve coleby got conned :p.. well once i get the box back on the road .. the gears look mint apart from the syncro and bearing damage.. i'll post some pics when i can.

what is a good par box worth when it's fully rebuilt?.. I thought they worth a good £2k

davey red.r

lol i like how you put that.. steve coleby got conned :p.. well once i get the box back on the road .. the gears look mint apart from the syncro and bearing damage.. i'll post some pics when i can.

what is a good par box worth when it's fully rebuilt?.. I thought they worth a good £2k
when i bought my white r it had a par gearset in, on the recipt that alone was 2.2k:shock: total with everything labour, rebuilt was 4k:shock::doh:

davey

GTiR-Aholic

whose bernie and how much wud he charge? 1 of our guys at work said he built a quaiffe once so i've asked him to take a quick look monday at it but to me everything else looks good. We sell all our boxes with a 1yr/12,000 miles warranty so that should bring some peace of mind to new owners although it wouldn cover breakdowns from launching the boxes obviously lol but all the usual seals and bearings.. And if it jus happens to get stuck in gear one day not caused by ripping it to pieces. The gears are wider than normal.. Are they rated around 400-450bhp?

Funny they rate boxes by bhp when its the torque that kills them

GTiR-Aholic

You may yet turn out to be this forum's biggest hero.
lol or not? Got a txt from him today.. Very abusive one:

"seen your mssages on the forum, why not tell them you bin launching the shit out of it! You're a ****ing twat! Im printing this off to show my solicitor today and get that forum sued an shut down!!"

Sued? For allowing individuals to express their thoughts about another individual who has stole and scammed them and others here. Or sued for talking openly about his latest con and yet again trying to warn others he's stillup to his old tricks.

P

pulsarboby

he maybe a bit miffed that ive got his / some of my money back that he owes me:lol::lol:

come collect it coleby, simple!

P

pulsarboby

il post them on the warning thread so everyone that needs to contact this piece of sh1t can do so, in order to get there money back!