Raising the compression?

noriek2003

jpward said:
I am thinking about going similar route with the AEM
if you do go cdi with cbr cop you need to be able to unscrew the top tip of the plug ;-) i think the one allen was messing about with when they turned up at his was an ngk iridium. There are to different lengths of cbr cop, i think the 1000's are slightly longer and wont sit in the head as nicely, might wobble about abit. The ones i have sit like they were made to go in a gtir 8)

part number DENSO 1297000-3881 JO388

noriek2003

steve963 said:
haha thought you were joking??
fingers went quicker than the brain this morning...lol...anyways, you cant be right all of the time, its what makes us human ;-)

have to ask some questions about rob though, quoting me :shock: :lol:

steve963

noriek2003 said:
have to ask some questions about rob though, quoting me :shock: :lol:
ha ha, thats what I thought, Hes too rich to care about non slagging

Rob what is your Avatar meant to mean? 200 or GTIR?

Fusion Ed

Only issue with wasted spark, semi-sequential systems is you can get manifold backfires if you run huge overlap on the cams. Coil on plug is definitely the way to go however, you can loose something like 5-10kv across the distributor.

noriek2003

Micra Ed said:
Only issue with wasted spark, semi-sequential systems is you can get manifold backfires if you run huge overlap on the cams..
antilag on part throttle :shock: sounds aok to me :lol:

the overlap on the custom cams of mine for the next engine is abit :bolt:will be interesting to see what will happen with them if i ever get as far as building that one :lol: i'd imagine the idle will be abit odd to say the least :lol: will chuck a pro14 on it then if there are any issues,

J

jpward

noriek2003 said:
if you do go cdi with cbr cop you need to be able to unscrew the top tip of the plug ;-) i think the one allen was messing about with when they turned up at his was an ngk iridium. There are to different lengths of cbr cop, i think the 1000's are slightly longer and wont sit in the head as nicely, might wobble about abit. The ones i have sit like they were made to go in a gtir 8)

part number DENSO 1297000-3881 JO388
Can you explain a bit more at the work you need to do what sall that allen stuff :?

And what length are the coils from tip to the top of plug big?

noriek2003

jpward said:
Can you explain a bit more at the work you need to do what sall that allen stuff :?

And what length are the coils from tip to the top of plug big?
allen (ashills) the coils got delivered to his, he was playing with them to get them on the plug.

basically you need to unscrew the tip that your ht lead normally pushes down on otherwise the cbr coils wont go on. The coil clips onto the threaded section thats left.

the part number i put up earlier is the right coil, theres a sticker on top of them with it on

J

jpward

noriek2003 said:
allen (ashills) the coils got delivered to his, he was playing with them to get them on the plug.

basically you need to unscrew the tip that your ht lead normally pushes down on otherwise the cbr coils wont go on. The coil clips onto the threaded section thats left.

the part number i put up earlier is the right coil, theres a sticker on top of them with it on

Ohh got you now yeah most bikes ive seen dont use that round bit for some reason think that sone for Superbob to answer.

The reason i ask about the length is the ones I might be able to get are near sure to be bigger than 600's so if i can get something close then I might grab them for future works ;-) ;-)

noriek2003

i'll measure one later, if they are to tall they wont push into the rocker cover nicely, the ones i have fit spot on.

Last edited:

stumo

JPWARD said:
a v8 will have 2 cyclinders firing together so in theory its like having twice the cyclinder pressure on a smaller engine
so does a V12 have 3 cylinders firing at the same time? :roll:

lepster

Just thought id add my bit to the torque and bhp. BHP=torque x rpm
So an engine that produces 100lbs/ft of torque at 3000rpm will give 57bhp, if it is still able to produce 100lbs/ft at 6000rpm it will give 114bhp. Rolling roads measure torque at the wheels then calculate this back through the gearing to a figure produced at the flywheel and then using the above formula calulate the bhp.
Hope this helps.

red reading

coil caps have a nasty habit off breaking down on bike's and causing low rpm running issues,on a bike low rpm is the 1000 to 6-8000 rpm and i also remember that the turbo-hayabusa's crowd had problems with them due to spark blow out,but that was at 650+bhp

P

pulsarboby

most probs with the stick coils on bikes comes through water ingress, dry joints etc.
also due to limited space people tend to force the wiring and coils when changing plugs which can also cause faults to occur due to cracked insulation and spark tracking.
but other than that they very rarely go wrong, not at standard power anyway.