Look What I found! and had delivered!

Empty Pockets

Makes perfect sense to me & English not my first Language . He said on first page they look ok but hopefully fit right, I would suggest you take your own advise & do some reading too ;-)
Yes, because they are not oem Nissan, he said himself that he gave camskill the Nissan part numbers and asked them to source a replacement...... Not anywhere does it say, i bought these gti/nx/whatever shocks to fit a gtir, and once he found out they weren't for the gtir asks for the part number for gtir specific rears....... Why would you ask that if you knew they didn't exist..... why didn't you say there and then that there are none ?? Yes, obviously English isn't your first language, it shows, or are you just trying to win a pointless argument ?

Mr B

Yes, because they are not oem Nissan, he said himself that he gave camskill the Nissan part numbers and asked them to source a replacement...... Not anywhere does it say, i bought these gti/nx/whatever shocks to fit a gtir, and once he found out they weren't for the gtir asks for the part number for gtir specific rears....... Why would you ask that if you knew they didn't exist..... why didn't you say there and then that there are none ?? Yes, obviously English isn't your first language, it shows, or are you just trying to win a pointless argument ?
I don't come here to argue but seems you might.
from page 3 you were saying about GTi shocks not matching valving of original nissan shocks so I would assume you realized they not exact GTiR at that point.
I mentioned standard GTi shocks don't fit rear of GTiR as 50mm body hangs lower under the hub mount bracket of the strut & fouls the drive-shaft plus questioned the arb mount position hence his 'oh shit' comment.
My English is excellent unlike your attitude & gumption dear Sir !

Empty Pockets

I don't come here to argue but seems you might. from page 3 you were saying about GTi shocks not matching valving of original nissan shocks so I would assume you realized they not exact GTiR at that point. I mentioned standard GTi shocks don't fit rear of GTiR as 50mm body hangs lower under the hub mount bracket of the strut & fouls the drive-shaft plus questioned the arb mount position hence his 'oh shit' comment. My English is excellent unlike your attitude & gumption dear Sir !
So you obviously missed the bit before where the other guy said the part numbers were coming up as fwd....... hence me saying about the valving...... lol. Round & round we go........ You keep on keeping on buddy :)

Mr B

So you obviously missed the bit before where the other guy said the part numbers were coming up as fwd....... hence me saying about the valving...... lol. Round & round we go........ You keep on keeping on buddy :)
No I did not miss that as I posted link for KYB catalogue post above.
Just seems some people assumed would be gtir specific but from early on clear to see we talking about general n14 strut fitment from gti nx & 4wd pulsar (not gtir, have a few more sunny bluebird 4wd models in asia than UK) . only person going round & round seems to be you ... have fun :-/ lol ....

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

Yep, no hard feelings my end, it just seemed a very long drawn out way to get the thread to a solid end, where anybody can read it, see what's what and make a well informed decision based on fact. No hard feelings Pol, and yes, i probably do come across as having a bad attitude when trying to make my point, it's hard to tell someone's demeanour through writing i guess. Anyway, alls well that ends well :) EDIT: You can have an extra smilie for the above reply :), there you go, now lets agree to disagree .

Last edited:

shroom

I was watching QI the other week and they said that there was a rule on forums that when someone mentioned Nazi the thread had reached a low point and had to end.

If people with excellent grammar are called 'Grammar Nazis' does that mean those with poor grammar are 'Grammar Jews'?

red reading

I was watching QI the other week and they said that there was a rule on forums that when someone mentioned Nazi the thread had reached a low point and had to end.

If people with excellent grammar are called 'Grammar Nazis' does that mean those with poor grammar are 'Grammar Jews'?

only you Tom , only you...lol

Lynx

I'd be amazed to learn that the kyb shocks would be valved differently between the two sets of part numbers. A part number difference could be as simple as a different sway bar link mounting point and everything else could be identical. For 100 bucks a corner in the aftermarket arena, NOTHING even if they specifically stated that they were GTIR specific wouldn't likely be tested and valved properly like an OEM shock. They are mass produced dampers that get put in a housing to allow it to bolt up to the vehicle that the part numbers specify. I think that everyone is getting a bit too technical haha. The damper doesn't care what car it's bolted to, it just controls expansion and retraction and will likely be as good or better than factory stuff. If the equipment lines up and bolts on, I wouldn't hesitate to say that it is a confirmed replacement for the GTiR.

But for this thread to REALLY mean anything we need proof that the parts fit, and if there were any differences to the factory stuff.

Mr B

I'd be amazed to learn that the kyb shocks would be valved differently between the two sets of part numbers. A part number difference could be as simple as a different sway bar link mounting point and everything else could be identical. For 100 bucks a corner in the aftermarket arena, NOTHING even if they specifically stated that they were GTIR specific wouldn't likely be tested and valved properly like an OEM shock. They are mass produced dampers that get put in a housing to allow it to bolt up to the vehicle that the part numbers specify. I think that everyone is getting a bit too technical haha. The damper doesn't care what car it's bolted to, it just controls expansion and retraction and will likely be as good or better than factory stuff. If the equipment lines up and bolts on, I wouldn't hesitate to say that it is a confirmed replacement for the GTiR.

But for this thread to REALLY mean anything we need proof that the parts fit, and if there were any differences to the factory stuff.
Would agree with most of that, I would suspect if KYB had llisted a specific number for GTiR they would of made some effort in valving to springs as they would of done k-flex spring to suit R too.
Indeed it would still not be Nissan spec but it would be reasonable for the cost & OEM shock were massed produced basic units too.

Hopefully test fitment at weekend goes well, I would measure full extended & compressed stroke of old & new along with body lengths & also check it gives standard camber range & ride height matches old setup.
They certainly should be better than 20 year old originals but certainly not best option available but probably cheapest @ £48-£55 a strut as old model range/surplus stock, would of been closer to £80-£90 a strut few years ago.

keastygtir

My feeling is that they seem to list the same shocks for most of the engine ranges which must mean that valving might not be too much of a issue. The rears are what I am most concerned about. That being said if the drop link mount doesnt line up I might modify it slightly

Mr B

My feeling is that they seem to list the same shocks for most of the engine ranges which must mean that valving might not be too much of a issue. The rears are what I am most concerned about. That being said if the drop link mount doesnt line up I might modify it slightly
I don't think valving will be a big issue just not as good as it could be.
As long as matched with sensible springs & not too low such as whiteline it should be more than acceptable.
It would be quite easy make adaptor bracket from strut arb mount to counter some misalignment if they not usable as is.
A few people have done simple adaptors to use double ended ball joint drop links from likes of subaru forester/impreza as more durable & less lost movement over the rubber bushing on original link end & easier/cheaper source.

Last edited: