Look What I found! and had delivered!

vss irvine

17 x 8'' with 215/45/17 tyres,

the car is sitting in a bit of a dip in the yard.

its not overly low with the rear sitting up a bit higher

vss irvine

Mine are also silver... especially since I touched them up with more silver paint. However, I was told that they should be blue because nismo didn't start painting them silver until much later.

Sorry for the thread hijack. - These KYBs are what I'll buy if and when the current struts die (although the problem was the springs on the last lot).
ive had 2 sets in silver and i know of another set on a gtir that are silver aswell.

Lynx

For some reason I come up with : 332058 332059 333091 333092 when looking for AWD struts and your numbers when looking up FWD struts...not sure which is correct...

Mr B

For some reason I come up with : 332058 332059 333091 333092 when looking for AWD struts and your numbers when looking up FWD struts...not sure which is correct...
Yeh that's the numbers I quoted on the other forum some time back.
You will find quite a few that fit front but back is PITA.

keastygtir

the links above are for the gtir. I have ordered parts from nissan before using the part numbers from that site without issue

Empty Pockets

I'm not saying what you have are right or wrong, I was just mentioning that even if gti one's fit the gtir physically, they're not going to be valved the same so less than optimal i would have thought ?

Mr B

Won't they also be valved for different weights if for a gti etc ?
valving is set to match OEM spring rates, some flexability here but they won't be 100% same as the original nissan ones.
Excel G range is general basic replacement valved for comfort, you may find equivalent in their Ultra SR series .
If getting fussy on valving & quality you best looking at custom conversion on standard strut bodies & bilstien inverted inserts as can be revalved/rebuilt .

Empty Pockets

valving is set to match OEM spring rates, some flexability here but they won't be 100% same as the original nissan ones. Excel G range is general basic replacement valved for comfort, you may find equivalent in their Ultra SR series . If getting fussy on valving & quality you best looking at custom conversion on standard strut bodies & bilstien inverted inserts as can be revalved/rebuilt .
Exactly my point, the spring rates aren't going to be the same between a fwd gti & awd gtir, obviously the front & rear are going to be a lot heavier on the gtir, so you either run a miss-valved setup with the right weight (gtir) springs, or a completely under-sprung setup with the right springs for the shock ?

keastygtir

All good points raised above. As you say they are a general replacement shock. I am hoping for an improvement in overall damping over the now old originals.

Empty Pockets

As said before, i'm not saying what you have are right or wrong, i haven't checked the numbers.. But if they're gtir specific then they'll be close enough to oem settings and a good find, they cost less than budget coilovers and will 100% be better in terms of damping/ride etc for our roads imo.

shroom

Will be interesting to see as I will possibly be after some for mine, seems like a good choice. Keep us posted and thanks for sharing.

Russ it wont make a shell handle any better you need a kitchen table I mean engine to move it first.