GTIROC Trackday 2009

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Sounds like a goer to me. So what will you be cooking on the BBQ Andy? Burgers, whole pig, half side of beef etc etc :lol:

Ant.
You coming to a trackday or Toby Carvery Ant??? :lol:

We'll have some drinks, nibbles and other bits so that people to stuff their faces through out the day :thumb:

hi is it ok just to come and watch? My R's dead at the moment so would be nice to watch some that are running!!!
Absolutely

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

just out of curiosity how many are planning on coming to watch?

GtIr_1

hi bob i will be coming down to watch best thing being your own boss,
sent u a pm regards some parts i need to get my R ready for future trackdays.
be good to meet you guys what time would be best to get there, and where are al the R owners meeting?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Pit garages are booked (we are booked around garage 11-12)

So make your way over there or look out for the massive marquee :thumb:

antgtir

This sounds like its going to be a good day :) lets just hope there are no car fatalities, especially mine :lol:

Andy F / Bob, are you still going out the night before?

Ant.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Andy F / Bob, are you still going out the night before?

Ant.
Yeah, I've booked my hotel tonight.

Also text Martyn and he is also staying overnight so thats another I'm sure that won't be saying no to some grub :thumb:

I'll send you a PM Ant with my mob number, so that you can drop me a call that night and meet up etc

P

pulsarboby

yep were all going out to get absolutely plastered then feed our faces to the max then honk up in our lids the following day:lol::lol:

its amazing what lateral g's can do with a bit of projectile vomit:p

antgtir

yep were all going out to get absolutely plastered then feed our faces to the max then honk up in our lids the following day:lol::lol:

its amazing what lateral g's can do with a bit of projectile vomit:p
You can stay away from me then whilst on track lmao :lol:

Sounds like its going to be a good do. :thumbsup:

Ant.

vss irvine

Also text Martyn and he is also staying overnight so thats another I'm sure that won't be saying no to some grub :thumb:

[/FONT]
what you trying to say andy?!

yeah we'll be down on the monday night, not sure what time yet though.

ill be bringing plenty of tools, spares and fluids with me. (including my impact gun!)

ive also gone and bought one of these bad boys

http://www.goprocamera.com/index.php?area=2&productid=1

so hopefully ill be getting some low down bumper action!!

looking forward to it, should be a good day.

think there may be a few spectators coming down on the tuesday as well.

Last edited:

antgtir

Its not looking good for me guys, looks like my R has major electrical issues again and wont start. Its turning over but not firing. Seems there is no spark or fuel getting to the engine.

Voltage to the coil is fine but after coil not i.e. its not amplifying as it should. Seems the pump is also not pumping so looks like there is a short possibly on the line which passes through to the engine control and fuel pump relay.

Have phoned an auto electrician but didnt get through so am waiting for a reply now, fingers crossed the guy will be able to get to me and sort / pin point the issue before Tuesday. If not there will be a space available for purchase. :(

Very annoyed at the least.

Ant.

P

pulsarboby

ant....check the connector behind centre consul that goes from ecu harness! its located to the lefthand side of the consul and has a white multiplug with around a dozen wires on it, if thats loose or making a bad connection then it will cause your symptoms as you have said.
also remove the ecu harness from back of ecu (disconnect battery terminal first) undo the 10mm bolt remove harness and spray all connections with wd40 or similar, it is possible you may have a dry joint there. when doing up the 10mm bolt make sure the harness bolts up squarely and do not overtighten the bolt or it will merely belly out connections which will once again lead to all kinds of electrical issues
hope this info sorts it for you.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I’ve now got the confirmation E-mail sent through to me.

If you can all PM your e-mail addresses so that I can forward the PDF file and reg’s for the day a.s.a.p as you’ll need a copy to bring with you to the event.

**Also on another note the rules say that use MUST have a cage if you runs slicks.

P

pulsarboby

i wouldnt worry about copying the files andy they always have forms there on the day

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Yeah they prob's do, but its got rules and reg's on the e-mail also.

Since you've all paid, I'll still forward any info for the trackday so that you are all in the know and any trackday virgins will know what to expect, watch out for and any documentation they need for the day. ;-)