GTIROC Trackday 2009

antgtir

Ill be taking a few tools with me.

What bits of engine etc will people be taking with them? I have an R at my disposal that can be used in case of emergencies etc :)

Ant.

P.s. Aimee and I may venture down if your going out for a bite to eat Andy / Bob. We are in Liverpool so not too far.

geoff pine

Ill be taking a few tools with me.

What bits of engine etc will people be taking with them? I have an R at my disposal that can be used in case of emergencies etc :)

Ant.

P.s. Aimee and I may venture down if your going out for a bite to eat Andy / Bob. We are in Liverpool so not too far.
Is it a red one ?

P

pulsarboby

. Aimee and I may venture down if your going out for a bite to eat Andy / Bob. We are in Liverpool so not too far.

would be good if you do ant:-D
you would be wise to bring the following
engine oil
spare crank pulley (but il bring a couple anyway)
alt and p/s drive belts
wire
tieclips
various nuts/bolts
gaffer tape
vacuum pipe
boost pipes if you have spare
various water hoses if you have spare
the other stuff like brake pads etc you should have already have checked before the day, do a spanner check on everything and make sure everythings all secure, even down to braces trackrods, wishbones etc etc, the more you check before then the less likely you are to have troubles on the day!

i gave up with my super duper incar recorder as the footage never ever came out:sad: so now i just tie clip my phone under the sunstrip (away from marshals eyes) and thats as good as anything:lol:

andy if you get a chance then give me a bell tomorrow and let me know where your stopping, im gonna book a b+b somewhere so il get clare to find a cheapy one near to track as possible, so if we find one il call you first as long as i can have a few beers and a bit of tucker then im a happy bobby8)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If I manage to get the day off work, I can bring a handful of bits that I bought when the engine came out; miscellaneous hoses and cheap hose clips; a touch of gearbox oil, clutch fluid...even got a set of standard front disks if it came to that.

I can recommend the Premier Inn in Chester, but that's probably a little too far from the track.

DanDud

R's and flush dont tend to go together. I'll be making use of my old camcorder securely mounted to the rear strut brace with masking tape. Doesnt look flash but does a job!!
They wont let you do that, camera has to be mouted securily. Your not even allowed those suction mounts IIRC. Had to be firmly attached with a mount.

For an example : http://www.b-hague.co.uk/superclamp_with_double_ball_tilt_head_sc2.htm

Mount that on your headrest rod, roll cage, strut brace etc.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Any cheapo ones out there to mount to a cage?

andy if you get a chance then give me a bell tomorrow and let me know where your stopping, im gonna book a b+b somewhere so il get clare to find a cheapy one near to track as possible, so if we find one il call you first as long as i can have a few beers and a bit of tucker then im a happy bobby8)
No worries :thumb:

DanDud

There goes that idea then, works when dragging anyhow.
In theory its a good idea, but you imagine if you hit the wall at 60mph, that tape is more than likely snapping and the camera then becomes a projectile that could hit you in the back of the head! Thats the only reason why they insist on a proper mount.

You might have to sign a disclaimer too if you want to use a camera.

stumo

In theory its a good idea, but you imagine if you hit the wall at 60mph, that tape is more than likely snapping and the camera then becomes a projectile that could hit you in the back of the head! Thats the only reason why they insist on a proper mount.

You might have to sign a disclaimer too if you want to use a camera.
In your case it might knock some sense into you:roll:

P

pulsarboby

and the camera then becomes a projectile that could hit you in the back of the head

:lol::lol::lol:at least youll be able to see behind you afterwards

seriously though what damage is a little camera placed directly behind gonna do if it hits the back of a helmet at close range:roll:
i know thats their laws but they are ridiculous, its safety to extreme

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Yup, just to confirm, I called Oulton park this morning and booked the required spaces and I should have email confirmation of this later today...........

DanDud

seriously though what damage is a little camera placed directly behind gonna do if it hits the back of a helmet at close range:roll:
Rediculous indeed but what can you do

ChrisS

My camcorder isnt exactly small tbh!!