GTIROC Trackday 2009

warringtonjack

Right, I've managed to get a site visit in the north wales area on Tues 27th so even though I will be R-less, I'll be able to pop along in the afternoon to witness some great R track action (possibly). :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing you all there, and Bob, prepare for an ear-bending about all things R. ;)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Due to the fact that the trackday is now fully booked for Oulton Park I’m looking at reserving a couple of garages so that it’s not a scramble in the morning (1st come 1st served job) to grab a couple. This way we have somewhere to work on the cars in case there are any issues/breakdowns and/or it’s chucking it down with rain!

To reserve a garage its £20.00 each, I’m looking at booking two so we’ve got plenty of space for our cars.
I was wondering if people would be prepared to put £4.00 each towards the garages and that way they are booked and we are not caught with out pants down?

What do you think?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I can also confirm that on speaking to bob he has kindly offered to transport the marquee to the event. Cheers Bob :boby: :thumbsup:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Considering the amount you are all spending and the distances you are travelling. £4 each to reserve some garage space is a no brainer..

P

pulsarboby

well worth it for peace of mind alone, plus we can unload all our tools, parts etc in the garages and not worry about bmw drivers going round nicking stuff:lol:
plus its bound to be raining and its not nice laying under a car in the pouring rain with water dripping in your eyeballs. and it keeps us all huddled together in our own special place:p rather than being spread out all over the car park

ChrisS

well worth it for peace of mind alone, plus we can unload all our tools, parts etc in the garages and not worry about bmw drivers going round nicking stuff:lol:
plus its bound to be raining and its not nice laying under a car in the pouring rain with water dripping in your eyeballs. and it keeps us all huddled together in our own special place:p rather than being spread out all over the car park
You can just imagine the pictures from the day, 10 R's jacked up in a row with people laid under fixing them !!!! I spend enough time laying in puddles on the street under the thing, its the antifreeze and oil dripping in your eyes you have to worry about not the rain. My missus actually thinks i enjoy doing it aswell for some reason.

These BMW drivers are sounding like a real menace. Sounds like we need someone on the garage door to make sure they're kept at arms lengh.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Fine by me too. We can still try and grab a few extra garages anyway :)

Will we bother with the marquee? Might just be a hassle if we can all huddle inside something concrete by the pit wall. Bring a banneror something instead?

ChrisS

Fine by me too. We can still try and grab a few extra garages anyway :)

Will we bother with the marquee? Might just be a hassle if we can all huddle inside something concrete by the pit wall. Bring a banneror something instead?
Think big Jim. If we were a scooby club we'd have a food marquee, chill out marquee with playstations ect aswell as garages. We'd stand proud in our blue and gold matching jackets next to inch perfect parked cars.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Think big Jim. If we were a scooby club we'd have a food marquee, chill out marquee with playstations ect aswell as garages. We'd stand proud in our blue and gold matching jackets next to inch perfect parked cars.
Screw that! :shock:

However I want to show the club we can organise ourselves and show other members that we are stepping up our game.

Not only that it’s the 1st official outing of the brand new GTIROC marquee.

(It’s that big you can fit and orchestral band in there!!!!) :lol::lol:

I don’t want us going as anal as the Impreza lot, but I want to start making an effort for you all, hopefully that’ll show and more people will start coming to events.

We scratch your back you scratch ours ;-)

I’ll sort out a couple of garages for us and if we need more than we can “commandeer” others :thumb:

Last edited:

antgtir

Sounds like a goer to me. So what will you be cooking on the BBQ Andy? Burgers, whole pig, half side of beef etc etc :lol:

Ant.

Nasher

I don't have an issue with paying for a couple of garages.

Let me introduce myself, as I haven't posted much at all on this site. My name is Nic and I'm from Lowestoft. I have done a few trackdays at Snetterton and Brands but I have never actually seen another R on track or on the road for that matter. So Im really looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing some other Rs!

stumo

that sounds frikkin gay to me!:sheep:

ChrisS

Will anyone coming for passenger rides need to be at the circuit for the briefing or can they turn up later on?

katemc

hi is it ok just to come and watch? My R's dead at the moment so would be nice to watch some that are running!!!