GTIROC Trackday 2009

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
The weather looks bad for next week....:roll: brilliant stuff. So make sure you all bring your wet weather macs!

Anthony and are going to try and get there on tuesday nice and early.....if we can miss the M6 traffic that is.

If anyone has any problems, please give myself, jim or andy a pm or give me a tinkle on 07738 061062.

Ta lads :-D

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
If we get there early we could always try and take garages 8, 9 and 10 by accident :)

The 1st lot are already taken, but i think anything after that is up for grabs :thumb:

Most garages have their names/clubs placed on them for the ones that have reserved them, ones without are up for grabs. :-D

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
The weather looks bad for next week....:roll: brilliant stuff. So make sure you all bring your wet weather macs!
Click here

Yeah not looking the best, but they’ve been wrong before.

If anything Oulton Park in the wet is more interesting. I normally prefer it wet in the morning and dry in the afternoon as it teaches you the track better and you feel the grip.

Most of my trackdays have been wet for the morning and dry in the afternoon. Last time I had those conditions at OP, I could really feel the grip from the car and it was so rewarding to take certain corners much quicker than I had in the morning. It puts such a massive grin on your face! :)

Last edited:

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
I'll be laughing when the car your driving ends up in the tyre wall and i'll quote "just get on with it" :thumbsup: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

i reckon that cheshire has got to be just about the wettest part of the country.
ive done op 3 times on bike few years ago and every time its been chucking it down. also everyone i know whos been there on bike or car has had a good soaking, thats why i hate that track.
i remember the last right hander before you come on to the straight is a right naughty bend in the wet, especially this time of year with all the crap falling from the trees, as andy said im sure it will be very interesting lol

bollox im leaving the car at home and bringing a jetski:lol::lol:

P

pulsarboby

...bring the 'busa instead! :lol:

lol yes that would be an enlightning experience.......not

or i could just take my low loader on track and scoop up the salvage as i mosey on round:twisted::lol::lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
So will I, it's not my car!!! :lol::lol::lol:
:thumbsup: :lol::lol:

We'll tow it back and it can be a welcome home present for Dan

On the wet tracks issue, I presonally prefer them as its more challenging and puts far less strain on the car.

Last edited:

stumo

:thumbsup: :lol::lol:

We'll tow it back and it can be a welcome home present for Dan

On the wet tracks issue, I presonally prefer them as its more challenging and puts far less strain on the car.
Naa we'll leave it there and it'll be an even bigger present!

Jobs i've done so far.....

fitted 2nd hand radtec rad/intercooler ,
fitted MY 6pot brakes...they're coming off after the trackday:lol:,
fixed cockup wiring to battery earth and power lead :evil::evil::evil:,
Nice 19row oil cooler setup to fit on sat afternoon (almost the same setup as my car),
sorted various other things,
I'm sure i can find other stuff to fix....:evil:

I feel like putting his car back to the condition it was in before i started work on it!:evil::evil::evil:

Last edited:

nathan

i know piston heads people are there m8 so i would guess there are different cars going im going to watch