fcd

Keira

MarkTurbo said:
Its only what some people have known all along :wink:
you mean its only what some people that have stayed well away from the majority of bullsh!t tuners have known all along :wink: :lol:

i've just been down the shed and knocked up some black boxes with wires hanging out of them and printed some unreadable jap instructions, £80 to anyone that wants one, wont do jacksh!t but you can add it to your spec list 8)

:lol: :lol:

MarkTurbo

deisel weasel said:
i've just been down the shed and knocked up some black boxes with wires hanging out of them and printed some unreadable jap instructions, £80 to anyone that wants one, wont do jacksh!t but you can add it to your spec list 8)

:lol: :lol:
Dosent look anything like this does it

J

jpward

Wow i wish i could put my name to a product you must be so proud!

Here you got it registered yet?

Look out MR Dyson

:lol:

A

AJ4

The FCD is fitted either in the boost signal line or the AFM line. As our ECU doesn't have a boost line, it must be the AFM line.

So the only way it would work is if the FCD re-scaled the AFM signal to make it look like a lower value. In which case, the ecu would think there is a lot less airflow than what there is and the engine would run lean.... :roll:

The other case is if the FCD sets the maximum limit of the AFM signal. In which case it would max out, but pressure would still be increasing, the ecu wouldn't see that increase and lean out.

Both cases = dead engine = throw it in the bin ;)

Keira

jpward said:
Wow i wish i could put my name to a product
easy, mate,

a white box with some wires hanging out of it and some unreadable jap instructions,

print

J.P.W.A.R.D
electronic octane improver

on it and job done, you could even have a switch on it :shock: :lol:

some div would buy it, stick it on ebay

noones done a white box yet 8)

J

jpward

deisel weasel said:
jpward said:
Wow i wish i could put my name to a product like you did
easy, mate,

a white box with some wires hanging out of it and some unreadable jap instructions,

print

J.P.W.A.R.D
electronic octane improver

on it and job done, you could even have a switch on it :shock: :lol:

some div would buy it, stick it on ebay

noones done a white box yet 8)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just when i thought he couldnt get any dafter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No wonder he hasnt a clue about what a FCD does

FYI, it cuts out the Max warnign sig from the MAF to the ECU so that when on full boost the car doesnt kill the Ignition and Fuel is cut off because at over 1Bar if this happens and it is also the case with the speed limiter the car will extremly lean out and go bye bye, with the FCD it may go lean but wont kill completely so cyclinder cooling continues to happen due to petrol wash.

But hey dont believe me im only a rocket scientist!

MarkTurbo

jpward said:
No wonder he hasnt a clue about what a FCD does

FYI, it cuts out the Max warnign sig from the MAF to the ECU so that when on full boost the car doesnt kill the Ignition and Fuel is cut off because at over 1Bar if this happens and it is also the case with the speed limiter the car will extremly lean out and go bye bye, with the FCD it may go lean but wont kill completely so cyclinder cooling continues to happen due to petrol wash.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keira

i know full well what it is supposed to do thankyou.

i have successfully run my own gtir with no fcd, no fuel computer, infact nothing other than a pump to affect fueling for 2 years, the engine is still fine, runs well and is quick as the day i first f.o.o.ked about with it

it made 340bhp on the standard ecu and is still showing slightly rich on the afr, 340bhp is 120 more than standard as im sure you are well aware, the maf aint maxing out, there are no glitches in the graph and its spot on.

so why the fo..o..k would i want to buy a fcd for £95 when nothing is maxing out ? the injectors are probably at the limit but seeing as an fcd doesn't help me run bigger injectors or maf it wont actually be making any difference will it ? it'll be £95 wasted, and then ask yourself why are tdi telling you you need an fcd to get a 50bhp increase, thats 70bhp less than my car runs happily all day long without it :roll:

but hey dont believe me i only built my own car :roll: if you think its helping you out good for :wink:

and i can get far dafter :wink:

Keira

go ring up a tuner and ask them what you'd need to make the same figure reliably as my car :wink:

i gaurentee it wont have as few parts as mine does.

just dont believe everything you read or see advertised, thats all im saying.

i've felt fuel cut on my mates sx and a starlet turbo and can say i have never experienced anything remotely like it on a gtir

Keira

jpward said:
FYI, it cuts out the Max warnign sig from the MAF to the ECU
explain ? what voltages does this warning signal happen at then ?

so that when on full boost the car doesnt kill the Ignition and Fuel is cut off
you do understand what would happen if fuel was cut off but not the ignition ?

because at over 1Bar
dont tell me the world ends :lol:

speed limiter the car will extremly lean out
this ones interesting, explain ?

with the FCD it may go lean but wont kill completely so cyclinder cooling continues to happen due to petrol wash.
please explain how you can run lean but still have in cylinder cooling due to unburnt fuel ?

J

jpward

deisel weasel said:
but hey dont believe me i only built my own car :roll: if you think its helping you out good for :wink:
Wow i never knew the R came in kit form damn i coulda saved a fortune!

I never said i have or wanted a FCD dont need one as im over 300 also on standard lump! but i have a spare lump as 8 years ago i found out what over boost can do!!

Keira

afr was 11.9 as shown with an lm1.

injector duty i never got round to checking :oops: i was always planning on taking a reading of the maf voltages and duty cycle of injectors so i could safely say that the majority of what you read is bull, as far as i'm aware nobody has ever bothered to find out just how far you can push the standard set up.

unfortunately i got bored with that idea and got on with my other car :wink:

the only mods to my black car were, 3"dump/front pipe, mongoose cat back, front mount, oil cooler, decent airfilter, water injection and avcr set at 1.3 bar, walbro pump..

absoluetly nothing to alter fueling, trick the ecu or say ugga bugga and wave a magic wand to keep it all from going bang :wink:

sypher

jpward wrote:

FYI, it cuts out the Max warnign sig from the MAF to the ECU

explain ? what voltages does this warning signal happen at then ?
the limit is obvoiusly 5v so when this "roof" is reached the fcd will give out a slightly lesser voltage eg; 4.95v to prevent fuel cut, the fuel cut is enabled when the maf roof voltage is reached HOWEVER the 23710 ecu doesn't use this!!

Quote:
with the FCD it may go lean but wont kill completely so cyclinder cooling continues to happen due to petrol wash.

please explain how you can run lean but still have in cylinder cooling due to unburnt fuel ?
what he means is instead of having an AFR for your desired quantity of air you only get the lower MAF voltage eg; 4.95v as 5v cuts fuel, yes the engine is leaner than is desired but this cheat allows you to run more boost as its the mass of air being consumed to create boost.

The 23710 does not have fuel cut enabled.

Keira

jpward said:
Wow i never knew the R came in kit form damn i coulda saved a fortune!
you are quite clearly abit thick :wink:

if you weren't you'd know full well that to build a gtir in kit form would cost you far more than using the sh!t parts that nissan put on it 11-14years ago :wink: