fcd

Mark N

My car has been set to 1.2bar now for over a year and a half with a dawes device. When its cold it spikes over and I get some sort of fuel cut. So I came on the forum and read that the GTiR doesn't have one. So what could it be? I've got mates with EVOs that when there cars fuel cut it feels just the same as what mine does! :roll:

I've got a feeling RishiGTiR could be right, I reckon the MAF reads the voltage and when it goes over the required Hz it fuel cuts.

Any ideas?

O

Odin

Mark N said:
My car has been set to 1.2bar now for over a year and a half with a dawes device. When its cold it spikes over and I get some sort of fuel cut. So I came on the forum and read that the GTiR doesn't have one. So what could it be? I've got mates with EVOs that when there cars fuel cut it feels just the same as what mine does! :roll:

I've got a feeling RishiGTiR could be right, I reckon the MAF reads the voltage and when it goes over the required Hz it fuel cuts.

Any ideas?
Mine does this when it goes over 1.5 bar :shock: , But it's nothing to do with a fuel cut :roll: , It's proberly ether that the fueling isn't set for over 1.2 bar so the car isn't running very well when you go over the set boost level, Or you could be blowing your spark out :wink: .

rob

Mark N

It doesn't feel like a spark blowing out or running badly tho! :?
What it does is it backs off for about 3 seconds then allows you back on the power until it does it again. Is this what yous feels like Rob?

O

Odin

Mark N said:
Is this what yous feels like Rob?

Yes mines just the same, as soon as I go through 1.5 bar :cry: , If I hold the boost at or just below 1.5bar it's fine. Don't forget mine hasn't got the standard ECU so it can't be a fuel cut :wink: .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
AJ4 said:
RishiGTiR said:
Well it could take its cut reading from the MAF Voltage and cut out at a certain voltage... That would work...
It would... but it doesn't ;) :D

Norris and Hiteq should be ashamed of themselves then, as its clearly mis-representation. Maybe one of them could explain exactly how it works on a Pulsar ? :D

:lol:

I say we just call Hiteq... See what Ian says... Sure he wouldn't mind answering a quick question...?

Rishi

A

AJ4

It could be any number of things, from the AFM maxing out, the injectors maxing out, the fuel pump maxing out, the wastegate creeping...

Maybe someone with a FCD fitted could tell us where abouts its wired in, and then I can tell you what its actually doing...

Dooie Pop Pop

vpulsar said:
Mark N said:

Any ideas?
Mine does this when it goes over 1.5 bar :shock: , But it's nothing to do with a fuel cut :roll: , It's proberly ether that the fueling isn't set for over 1.2 bar so the car isn't running very well when you go over the set boost level, Or you could be blowing your spark out :wink: .

rob
this clearly a case of R abuse Rob you get your car set up for 1.2bar and then quite carelessly UP THE BOOST! :? are you related to jimmy or something? :lol: if the sparks being blown out how on earth can Lou run over 2bar on standard ignition :!: i bet he doesn' t even have to gap his plugs that small either :roll: :lol:

O

Odin

2 points numnuts :wink: firstly my car is mapped for 1.5 bar but I had the boost set to 1.3bar. The motec boost controller just doesn't seem to be able to hold the correct boost :roll: :cry: .

Secondly when I first had my car set up with the motec powerstation found that it was blowing the spark out at 1.2bar, We fixed the problem by fitting colder plug's and also regapping the plugs. I never said that you couldn't run 2.0bar on standard ignition did I :?: :? .

Now go away and post some more pointless 5hite :roll: :roll: thats a good fellow :roll: .

rob

J

jpward

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well you cant really argue with that im not often wrong but i was right this time :wink:

Keira

i ran my car for 2 years without one at 1.3 bar, no fuel cut, afr's checked and fine :wink: i've also seen 1.7bar momentarily whilst setting the overboost....no fuel cut was ever seen

go buy one if you want, but i wont be rushing out to get one :wink:

c20ona

My car ran 2bar on a standard ecu for a short time and it never fuel cut. Mine must be magic. :D

Kenny

c20ona

To be honest, i don't think it really needs a fuel comp either at lower boost, i.e 1.4bar etc. Car's always fuelled like a bast'd regarless of what i had it set upto (poss fooked fuel reg ?). :?

Kenny

MarkTurbo

c20ona said:
To be honest, i don't think it really needs a fuel comp either at lower boost, i.e 1.4bar etc. Car's always fuelled like a bast'd regarless of what i had it set upto (poss fooked fuel reg ?). :?
I looked into this the other day when i borrowed a mates wideband air/fuel ratio meter :wink: With just an uprated fuel pump the standard ecu was fuelling fine up to about 1.2/1.3 bar. I reckon with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator it would be ok at 1.4 bar but i havent got one so i cant try it :(

Its only what some people have known all along :wink: