fcd

JIMMYBACK

the pulsat doesnt have a a fuel cut :shock: period thats only on newer cars like the later evo etc 8) :wink:

A

AJ4

no, there is no fuel cut on the Pulsar as the ECU doesn't measure boost, so FCD's are a bit pointless.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Yes there is a Fuel Cut... It should cut at just over 1.2bar...

Using an aftermarket ECU, Piggyback Controller all bypass/eliminates the Fuel Cut...

Rishi

JIMMYBACK

RishiGTiR said:

Using an aftermarket ECU, Piggyback Controller all bypass/eliminates the Fuel Cut...

Rishi
u sure rishi as mine was running 1.4 bar boost and had nothing else on the r apart from the 3 wire boost controller thats all off 2 pound to make on it :lol: :lol: :wink:

Rishi

JIMMYBACK said:
RishiGTiR said:

Rishi
u sure rishi as mine was running 1.4 bar boost and had nothing else on the r apart from the 3 wire boost controller thats all off 2 pound to make on it :lol: :lol: :wink:

1.4bar and no form of fuel control...?

I remember the whole fuel cut thing from a few years back... its just that no one runs that sort of boost without some sort of fuel management which means that you never see the fuel cut anymore...

Rishi

mattygti-r

defo no form of fuel control ,

trust me :lol:

stock ecu , and just a boost unit

ran fine all way to redline

J

jiw

So how did my mate fit an exhaust decat and filter and run around for 3 years on 95 ron with his actuator pipe off :?:

Also it only died as the ringlands gave in, the cars still kicking too :wink:

J

jpward

I'll also back him up YES there is one on the motor i have setup instructions for the hks one somewhere where you set the dial to the car type :wink:

and from having in fun with my AVC-R its about 1.3B :cry:

A

AJ4

If you look at the wiring diagram for the car, boost is only measured in one place, and thats only to drive the electronic boost guage. At no point does the signal get routed into the ecu or fuel control circuits. If the ecu doesn't know what boost the car is running, how can it tell when to cut fuel ?

We've had this argument dozens of times now, and still no-one has managed to point out which pin on the ECU is the boost sense line ;)

O

Odin

How many times do we need to go through this :roll: , And Rishi you should know better by now :roll: :? .

The pulsar does not need a fuel cut defender :roll: .

I ran my old pulsar with the one of the vac hoses off by mistake and it never cut out at all, Went like a rocket though :twisted: :wink: .

rob

Rishi

AJ4 said:
If you look at the wiring diagram for the car, boost is only measured in one place, and thats only to drive the electronic boost guage. At no point does the signal get routed into the ecu or fuel control circuits. If the ecu doesn't know what boost the car is running, how can it tell when to cut fuel ?

We've had this argument dozens of times now, and still no-one has managed to point out which pin on the ECU is the boost sense line ;)

Well it could take its cut reading from the MAF Voltage and cut out at a certain voltage... That would work...

Ok i could be wrong... But, there is the point that it was listed by various tuners, Norris and Hiteq included...

Rishi

A

AJ4

RishiGTiR said:
Well it could take its cut reading from the MAF Voltage and cut out at a certain voltage... That would work...
It would... but it doesn't ;) :D

Norris and Hiteq should be ashamed of themselves then, as its clearly mis-representation. Maybe one of them could explain exactly how it works on a Pulsar ? :D