tubular manifold

RO_SUNNY

I am happy to announce that Whytie is the happy owner is the 1'st to get the manifold.

As he put a deposit without any questions..........

Cheers,
B

Last edited:

ducie54

Dam that's alot of weld in the inside. Did u do two 2 passes?

I back purged mine and got bugger all inside the pipe.

RO_SUNNY

The root is around 1.5 mm on the inside....and really...that's how a root should look like.

The root is single pass with a bigger amp setting and faster movement than the capping......the root was welded at about 60 amps and then, while the weld was still hot I have welded the capping at about 35 amps.....actually the roots look like this also because I use pulse when welding SS.

Cheers, B

Last edited:

RO_SUNNY

There was not a price, listed, due to the fact that I am not an paid member....and I will pay my dues as soon as the ''business'' will kick off.

The prices were mentioned only tot the ones that asked me through PM's.

I can make whatever the client wants! (not meaning anything sexual of course:)))

Last edited:

RO_SUNNY

Dam that's alot of weld in the inside. Did u do two 2 passes?

I back purged mine and got bugger all inside the pipe.[/QUOTE]

This happened because you either had the gap too big....or you used high amperage settings and slow movement!

ducie54

No gap. 65amp, one pass. Weld key holed dabed filler then moved.

Got any pics of protechs or love fabs with roots on the inside?

RO_SUNNY

Nope.....Sorry....But I am 100 % sure that they don't have any root on the inside.
I have seen a couple of manifolds made by different performance shops....and they didn't had no penetration on the inside ....(I am talking about 1500 USD $ manifolds)
I don't have pictures of the inside of it but I can tell you that the client came to me after he welded 13 cracks in the 1500 USD manifold.

red reading

Gabriel, I have had a protech and that had full penetration root welds as should be done, the cheap made tomei etc I have also had did not and although they looked pretty they cracked.....think that says it all.

RO_SUNNY

Yeah Danny.....maybe this guy was just an unlucky bastard.
Because there's a friend of him which actually has the same manifold and didn't had any probs with it!

RO_SUNNY

Yeah I know.
Thanks for the apreciation....
It seems that you will be the only one to have this design due to the fact that it was a nightmare to build......collector angles and so on

whytie

I think either way you make one it will be a **** due to be so tight.

pm when ever you want payment

RO_SUNNY

Pictures of the manifold fitted will come in the next week or so.....but for the rolling road I think we have to kindly ask whytie....because he is the owner of the manifold