tubular manifold

RO_SUNNY

It will have plenty of access......anyway is a pain in the ass to do it due to the angle of the turbo:(

As you can see my calculations for equal length came out quite OK

RO_SUNNY

Allright chaps......

Now It's ready .....for final welding.

Sorry for not updating this in due time.....but I am busy working on my house and didn't had the the time to work on the manifold!

RO_SUNNY

Anyways......the 2'nd manifold will be different....because this one was a pain in the ass to make:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

RO_SUNNY

Equal length really isn't a huge deal. I would favour good airflow over equal length headers.
My opinion also....but it's hard to convince one that it's better to have flow than equal length!

the best one would be a side winder........but is hard to make and I really don't know how much would be intersted in such

RO_SUNNY

Ok.............today I will start with the welding and I think that at the end of this week the manifold will be ready:D:D:D:D

RO_SUNNY

This one will be ready this week....but first I have to see if it fits and what mods are neede in order to accomodate it in the engine bay! ...there's no waiting list as no one pay'd any advance....so basicly is .....the 1'st one to pay will be the happy owner!

STU666V

Looking good, should be finished soon?

It does look heavy walled pipe.
Are you purging with gas when welding?

RO_SUNNY

How heavy is the finished manifold?
hi Martyn,

I think that it will be somewhere around 5 kgs.

Cheers,

B

Looking good, should be finished soon?

It does look heavy walled pipe.
Are you purging with gas when welding?
Hi Stu,

It is indeed, it's an 48 mm in diameter with an 3 mm wall pipes/elbows (Sch 10).

Yes all my work is 100%back purged to insure 100% penetration and 0 defects.

Check this photos out!

If it wasn't backpurged the root would have been black and ''crystalized''!