tubular manifold

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I thought the general opinion was that they're kinda cheap and nasty; thermal expansion causes the welds to snap. - I believe they can be improved with a bit of cutting and welding, but there's not a significant performance gain to be had for the effort.

Of course I've probably got that all wrong and will get told to shut the fuck up again. :doh:

Mr B

Complete junk, just do some port work on standard cast manifold & get a good elbow. If running big power & external wastegates then tubular manifolds play a big role but for most sticking with standard cast will save you money & be more reliable long term as a stainless manifold on turbo cars needs top quality materials, design & welding to be of any long term use .

Fire & skill

Vintage member
im sure a few folk bought them years back and they kept cracking. the standard one is obviously fine but trying to tidy the engine bay up for show season starting

Mr B

seller should of been called 2fast2crack ...
You can tidy-up standard manifold by ceramic coating &/or making a really nice heat shield & sell the monkey metal & monkey welded eBay manifold to help balance costs.
If really keen on a tubular make effort to obtain a good quality & designed one & do the job right & once but bang for buck its not a wise investment unless really needed for high power build...

RO_SUNNY

I can make a tubular manifold with lifetime warranty that will also keep the stock postion of the turbo.

If interested P.M. me

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I can make a tubular manifold with lifetime warranty that will also keep the stock postion of the turbo.

If interested P.M. me
I read the post and thought who's spamming the thread? Oh, oops, sorry, carry on :lol:

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

RO_SUNNY

Details Details Details.

For now I am thinking in making a manifold that will keep the stock position of the turbo.
Equal length is not so important how the numer of bends on each runner is.
For example....I have a 6 cyl manifold for an e46 M3 that made 586 bhp with the bone stock engine (that means 11.5:1 comp ratio) and 11.5 seconds on the quarter mile with slicks.

For this design I have used a pipe flow calculator software in order to get the flow as equal as posible through all 6 cyl.....and I must say that the flow is almost equal in all 6cyl.

Anyway I can make an equal length manifold is people will be interested in such........

For example this is an ''equal length'' manifold made for an evo 9 which came out at approx 750 bhp.

These are some photos of the quality of the workmanship.

This will be the flanges which will be used in the construction of the R manifold

For now I am thinking on this design, but as I said I can do an equal length if i will have enough requests.

This design will flow for more than 550 BHP without any problems (tested on the flowCad software)