Rear Brake Options

StephenSunnyN14

Little bump, but im stuck with one question left before ill buy the A32 brakes,
on page four of this topic theres this info:

pads from either car will fit, the carrier is just 12mm shorter as the pulsar has a very short hat height disc.
the standard non gtir discs are 12mm taller in the hat. the pad carrier just moves the caliper in towards the centerline of the car 12mm

pad carrier
RockAuto Parts Catalog

disc
RockAuto Parts Catalog
or
from the sentra spec v (look for the 4 piston front or 278mm disc)
RockAuto Parts Catalog
The link of the pad carrier refurs to part nr A-1 CARDONE part # 141504
But in the last post of this topic it says that you must have A-1 CARDONE part 141506, or DORMANN part # 619503:

maxima rear caliper brackets, spaces the oem caliper back to the centerline of the car 12mm and further out by 10mm for the 20mm larger disk 40-60$ for caliper brackets
A-1 CARDONE Part # 141506 DORMAN Part # 619503

you can reuse the oem caliper
The dormann parts is discontinued so i was wondering whats the difference between the 141504 and the 141506, and wich one is correct. Or are the both correct?

thanks!

KieranEG6

Just checked my parts and I have 2x Cardone 14-1504. As far as I can tell the carriers are the same L and R anyway. I am yet to test install as Im waiting on my new calipers to arrive. Will update once I get it all on.

StephenSunnyN14

There is indeed no difference on the left or on the right.
ive put both carriers in my shopping basket on rockauto, and saw this extra line of text with the 141504, so its pretty asumable there different:

A-1 CARDONE Part # 141504 Reman CARDONE Service Plus Caliper Bracket
Rear Right
Rear Left
Part is designed for US, CA Market vehicles

KieranEG6

Seems I have been dooped by the duff link that Nickr has put up.

DO NOT buy the carriers in the link he has provided they are for maximas with same disc sizes as the pulsar but with different offsets, So are completely useless!!

From what I can tell the ones you need are the CARDONE Part # 141506 .

Also they look like same left to right.

RO_SUNNY

Does someone have the Smart discs installed?
If so....can anyone put some pictures of the conversion...spaccers and so on?

I have the Smart discs...redrilled and so on....but don't know how to do the bracket!

slyhall

Thank you. I did the Sentra Spe V (Brembo) rear rotors and brackets and p10 G20 calipers and pads. Total bolt on. Calipers you just switch the left and right. I didn't have to bend the parking prake bracket or anything..drilled the rotors to 4x100 myself. here are the parts I used from RockAuto (US)

Screenshot_20230315_172156_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Very interesting.

I saw a YT video in the US on someone who did this to a GTiR.

I might look into this option here in the UK!

Thank you. I did the Sentra Spe V (Brembo) rear rotors and brackets and p10 G20 calipers and pads. Total bolt on. Calipers you just switch the left and right. I didn't have to bend the parking prake bracket or anything..drilled the rotors to 4x100 myself. here are the parts I used from RockAuto (US)

View attachment 4693

splmum

If you want to save some money, buy the A32 Maxima rotors (278mm) and redrill as above and just the brackets. the rest of the GTI-R rear brakes just bolt up to them and you have a rear upgrade.