Raising the compression?

MarkTurbo

I fitted one in a Gti-R for somebody a couple years ago (didnt really want to but it was their choice) it was supposedly an 'uprated' organic clutch :roll: It looked just like a standard clutch painted red, and it probably was as it wouldnt even hold 1 bar properly without slipping :doh:

Ive heard loads of bad storys about them, mainly that their clutches are shite :lol:

turbodaily

:lol: stay clear...

who was it that had one and it basicly fell apart?? :shock: theres pics on here somewhere..

stick to whats tried and tested mate ie RPS or HELIX or AP RACING etc etc prices varie a fair bit

MarkTurbo

turbodaily said:
:lol: stay clear...

who was it that had one and it basicly fell apart?? :shock: theres pics on here somewhere..
That sounds like Kierons black one he had for a while, it had a techniclutch in it fitted by a previous owner. Despite having it apart he decided to leave the techniclutch in it, which he regretted afterwards when he just pulled away normally one day and the clutch basically fell to pieces :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

MarkTurbo said:
That sounds like Kierons black one he had for a while, it had a techniclutch in it fitted by a previous owner. Despite having it apart he decided to leave the techniclutch in it, which he regretted afterwards when he just pulled away normally one day and the clutch basically fell to pieces :lol: :lol: :lol:
lol pulled away normally and fell to pieces, high quality then! Its the usual, you pay for what you get.

rayman75

wasnt there something about the ford boys having aload of problems with them, cant believe they are still trading on ebay, as they have been selling dodgy clutches for years.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Loads of people have had these clutches fail badly on them.. You'll probably get more replies to this after all the New Year celebrations...

Braveheart

If they have been selling crap products for years I'd bet they are pretty thick skined by now and have an answer for everything.
Hope you get lots of good feedback and evidence to support and have a successful claim.

NU773R

when i had my fiesta rs turbo alot of the ford lot had big problems with techniclutch!!

i have never heard a good story about them tbh

Keira

MarkTurbo said:
indeed it does sound like the one in that car i had last year :lol:

i looked at the helix i had sat there, looked at the technicrap, looked at the helix, looked at the technicrap and thought, fook it, im selling the car to allen, he'll be putting a new clutch in it anyways in a few days time :shock: :lol: so in went the technicrap

got the job finished, drove it out the garages which to make matters worse has a nice down hill roll to it so it wasn't even under load, went to pull out and nothing :shock: :lol: no noises, no rattles no nothing, i could however select any gear i wanted to with the engine running without moving which was a novelty :lol:

rang allen and said you cant have your new car today, its broken :lol: and with that, pushed it back into the garage and closed the door.

When we finally took it apart to see what was wrong, we found this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/pulsarman/DSC00178.jpg

the previous owner that had brought that peice of sh1te had done a couple of hundred miles running an engine in, that engine started knocking on the bottom end so was never given any abuse, i did about 20 metres in it after i'd swapped the engine :lol:

they really are poop, but if you use them you'd never break the gearbox :lol:

Last edited:

nitrosgti-r

yeah it was my car that mark turbo did the clutch on and it was the shittest thing i had EVER bought. Not just the fact that it slipped like buggery but the back plate was the wrong size and rubbed on the bell housing on the inside so me and mark fought for ages to get it as right as we could!!

It really does suprise me that these ppl are still trading so fair play for taking them to court mate and let me know if there is anything i can do.

I think Creedy has one of these too but hes not fitted it :)

Happy new year by the way :)

geoff pine

scottydouk! said:
Just wondering if any one on here or knows of anybody who has used company called 'Techniclutch'? and had problems?
They are a Ebay based vender and sell mainly clutches and some other bits.
Reason behind this is because taking them to court and wondering if anyone else has had same problems with them and wish to fill me in to help my case even more.
Fitted their exedy 3 paddle ceramic clutch kit, bedded it in, no leaks etc etc and started to slip as came on boost and never got any better.
Car is a Toyota Starlet GT turbo only running 180BHP! The standard clutch put the power down so why cant this upgraded one! Sent it back etc they saying no fault found and wont refund.
Have heard from others they are a smaller clutch in size and not a authorised vender to sell 'Exedy' clutches? The packaging that the kit came in wasnt the red seperate boxes it was all in one grey box?
All help will be appriciated!
Cheers.
Exeddy have a uk hq i think its in Runcorn their the people you need to speak to ,to see if it is one of theres. There a lot of exeddy clutche's going cheap on ebay lately .

antgtir

Just for the record, ive now tried a known working lambda sensor on my R and its made no difference to the hesitation / holding back problem so thats another one ticked off the list.

I know MicraEd said the sensor was working fine but as i have the parts available im checking most things as a matter of course.

Back to the drawing board then grr.

Ant.

P

pulsarmick

Hi there i am a bit nernous now i got a Exeddy orgainc of ebay are they ok for my gtir running about 290 bhp as i dont want to have the engine out again i had a techniclutch stage one in my scooby and it was ok had no problems but distroyed two standard ones in one week just hope my exeddy one will be ok :eek:k:

gtir_pimp

i had one on my old 1.8 16v clio that held 170bhp no probs but it was very heavy and i snapped clutch cables every month!
but i do have one orgasmic i mean organic techniclutch on my R at the mo and its holdin 1.4bar no probs! seems ok to me

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
antgtir said:
Thanks for the offers guys. I already have my cousins TPS ready to be tested however i wanted to know if i was able to adjust the TPS and change the idle voltage across it by this change in position. Im not sure on exactly how this works, whether or not the idle voltage changes as you adjust the TPS by twisting it.

If any of you guys could let me know how to obtain the voltage across this i can play around with the sensor on the car and see if that makes any kind of difference to the running.

MicraEd told me that the TPS voltage was a little low (this was done by the data i supplied via datascan) so it must be readily available from the datascan info but i cant seem to see where this info is, or how it was calculated.

Hope you guys had a good christmas by the way.

Cheers,

Ant.
That's correct you adjust the idle voltage by twisting the unit. Just loosen the screws and with the ignition on rotate it until you get 0.5V IIRC. The ECU looks at the TPS voltage and as the voltage increases above a threshold (prob around 0.6V) then it switches from idle to the open loop map. A TPS failing can suddenly drop the voltage to 0V for a split second and carry on causing all sorts of confusion to the ECU.

To read the TPS voltage, either find the setting on the datascan, it might be in the log but not on the screen? Failing that, shove a voltmeter up its jacksey and measure the voltage the old fashioned way.

Radleigh

Gearbox + 270bhp + trackdays - how safe?

I'm well paranoid LOL :oops: .... Going to be doing loads of trackdays this year, But the box, Whats the chances of it shitting it self at this power?!

I've done a search, But nothing with my power, all seem to be 300+ when a box goes which is a little piece of mind, But how true is it?

The box has done about 12k from the last rebuild,short shift, 3 launches at over 5k rpm and the power is 274bhp - 236lbft on 16" alloys

Cant wait to start a new job so I can get my PPG!8) 8)

Thanks for any input

Radleigh