cmng

ok.. thank

how about casing and driveshaft ?

i checked at japan, those GTiR owner do everything
even driveshaft is WPC treated

D

Diesel Fumes

djdoc360 said:
Im guessing your not blowing grey smoke out the tail pipe. So maybe you do have a leak somewere. How is your idle?
Blows white/grey smoke when the engine is cold. Idle seems smooth. Smells like burnt oil at times inside the car. But this may be dripped when checking the oil.

MORF114

Does the white grey smoke dissapear after a couple of mins once its warm?

Do the compression tests again and also do them with a warm engine, if they are still low do another test after with some oil down the cylinder to see if it changes the results.

I think it could be your valve stem seals.

A

another sunny

Do you think it could be as simple as a bad earth? Thanks for all the advice, i will start the checking Wed morning, i will let you know the results.
I noticed also that the oil on the dipstick smells petroly, Mobil 1 only put in on Sunday, will i have to change it? seems a waste?

abyss

i would take the abs fuse out and check the earth on the battery, also check the earths behind the 2 headlights.

When you say you towed the car did you use a flat bed?

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

if the engine oil smells of petrol then the car is overfuelling big time, which you need to sort out desperately (or you will end up with a wrecked engine, as did i:roll: )
as everyone else has pointed out, earths, earths, earths! check them all, especially the 2 on top of the inlet plenum;-)
if you find any loose or unconnected, then you may have created a spike in the ecu which has blown the injection circuitry apart, 'had this before on an astra' in which case you will need another ecu, but make sure those earth connections are all connected, clean and tight.
you will then obviously need to change your engine oil again, as that whats in there will be p1ssed down with fuel.
as i said, ive seen these symptoms before with an astra, which got that bad it was throwing neat fuel out of the rear exhaust, but it was a bad earth which had caused the ecu to spike and go bang!

if you do need another one then i do have one in stock.

O

Odin

saddler said:
Whats amount of gear oil would i need to buy to fill the gearbox up..
thanks in advance.. :thumbsup:

Not that it hasn't been asked and answered god knows how many times :doh: :roll: , But it's 4.5lt in the gears box and a little over a litre in the transfer box.

Rob

saddler

Odin said:
Not that it hasn't been asked and answered god knows how many times :doh: :roll: , But it's 4.5lt in the gears box and a little over a litre in the transfer box.

Rob
yeah sorry... :oops:
thanks in advance ;-):-D

O

Odin

saddler said:

:shock: :shock: That is possibly the most stupid question ever on the forum :shock: .

What part of 4.5lt didn't you understand then :der: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

They only come in 1lt bottles so it would be 5lt's I'd assume that you would need to buy, Giving you 1/2lt spare :roll: .

Rob

saddler

Odin said:
:shock: :shock: That is possibly the most stupid question ever on the forum :shock: .

What part of 4.5lt didn't you understand then :der: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

They only come in 1lt bottles so it would be 5lt's I'd assume that you would need to buy, Giving you 1/2lt spare :roll: .

Rob

A

another sunny

abyss said:
i would take the abs fuse out and check the earth on the battery, also check the earths behind the 2 headlights.

When you say you towed the car did you use a flat bed?
We towed it about 5 miles, without the engine running justingntion on. Is that not a good idea???? I'm worried now!

A

another sunny

pulsarboby said:
if the engine oil smells of petrol then the car is overfuelling big time, which you need to sort out desperately (or you will end up with a wrecked engine, as did i:roll: )
as everyone else has pointed out, earths, earths, earths! check them all, especially the 2 on top of the inlet plenum;-)
if you find any loose or unconnected, then you may have created a spike in the ecu which has blown the injection circuitry apart, 'had this before on an astra' in which case you will need another ecu, but make sure those earth connections are all connected, clean and tight.
you will then obviously need to change your engine oil again, as that whats in there will be p1ssed down with fuel.
as i said, ive seen these symptoms before with an astra, which got that bad it was throwing neat fuel out of the rear exhaust, but it was a bad earth which had caused the ecu to spike and go bang!

if you do need another one then i do have one in stock.
Mine smells asif it is throwing neat fuel out of the exhaust, i have got an ECU coming just in case. I am/was sure all the earths are ok but now i am realy doubtfull. I'll see on Wednesday.

D

Diesel Fumes

sound in the rear diff is now more like a chatter. Louder after warm up.

Would Amsoil synthetic 75w90 work good in the diff? I can't find anything better or more specific.