Raising the compression?

Keira

cryo is a process where the metal is put in a tank, then liquid nitrogen is pumped in, bringing the temp down to something abit colder than snow :lol: its left in there for abit then slowly brought back up to room temp. The freezing process sets off various reactions and contracts the metal, closing up all the microscopic cracks, and fissures in the metal..allegedly

clicky

Trip

I found out i have the powerflex one, so basically i need the other two.

Is there any time frame for these ?

1&onlygti-r

right i have now been told that the only ones i can get are the 2 stabilizer mounts front and rear, start a new list of who wants them as this is a definate now.

Animaldaz

1&onlygti-r said:
Just been told that there is only 2 engine mounts availible just waiting to comfirm which ones they are then il start taking payments they will be £140 + p&p for both
Is that just for the two stabiliser mounts:-o I paid £40 for these.

R

rice_thief

Front Diff?????

Hi eveyone, just wondering if you can anyone help me out. Recently my R rotation knocking noise coming from the front passenger side wheel. This only happens when i am driving. So if i speed up, the knocking noise gets faster and faster. Ive check under the car and found the inner cv boot has split and was removed to be reconditioned. Once it was reconditioned and fitted back on. The noise is still there but not as loud.

Anyone out there can help me out with this situation???

:?

neil240z

where are you located out of interest.

It could be one of several things, but without hearing it its hard to narrow down, and I would imagine you cant be too far from one of the forums R gurus.

Neil

O

Odin

Sounds to me like it's probably one of the 2 CV joints, But with out hearing can't be sure.

Rob

abyss

its defo the wheel bearing best bet is to replace the hub mate i replaced everything before i found out it was the hub.

Last edited:

neil240z

wheel bearings dont knock they just whine or drone at high speeds, if the wheel bearing knocked then i would imagine it would have collapsed and it would no longer turn, i would have gone for CV joint also the fact it is been fitted with a new boot and been repacked with grease couldnt have made it a little quieter.

Last edited:
O

Odin

neil240z said:
i would have gone for CV joint also the fact it has been fitted with a new boot and been repacked with grease could have made it a little quieter.

That's my thinking as well ;-) .

Rob

abyss

neil240z said:
wheel bearings dont knock they just whine or drone at high speeds, if the wheel bearing knocked then i would imagine it would have collapsed and it would no longer turn, i would have gone for CV joint also the fact it is been fitted with a new boot and been repacked with grease couldnt have made it a little quieter.
Mine was the wheel bearing inside the hub and it was knocking like a thudding noise and not whining, i would repalce the hub.

O

Odin

abyss said:
Mine was the wheel bearing inside the hub and it was knocking like a thudding noise and not whining, i would replace the hub.
:shock: Thats a bit drastic isn't it :doh: , Whats wrong with just having a new bearing fitted if need be ? :? .

Rob

Braveheart

I'd rule out wheel bearing given the description.

My experience with worn CV joints has been a clicky / knocking noise which changes in amplatude when off and on load and obviously increases in duration the faster you go.
I've never heard a duff wheel bearing knocking.... I have heard them squeel or rumble and you can often feel it through the steering and it will get louder when you put more strain on it by cornering.

O

Odin

Mr GTiR said:
Could it be a knocking suspension strut?

Don't be a wally :doh: , The noise from a worn strut top wouldn't speed up and slow down with engine speed would it :der: .

Rob