Holinger Sequential Gearbox...

noriek2003

Fast Guy said:
Did he have a straight cut final drive or helical?
standard fd and main shaft, it was the mainshaft that popped, ppg final drives and main shaft invested in soon after but si's car wont be out anytime soon

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
noriek2003 said:
standard fd and main shaft, it was the mainshaft that popped,
So there was still some helicalness in the box then. Let's see if the straight cut ppg one makes a difference.

NME_RR

noriek2003 said:
holy worst first post ever batman....:shock:

this waste of time thread is over 2 years old, thanks for bringing it back to life :lol:
yes good isnt it,Sorry to add to this thread but is what were all about "keeping it alive"

Also on another note, ive been quoted for PPG gears

1) 1st to 4th dog kit, and 3rd-4th billet selector £2675.00 + vat

2) 5th gear dog kit £ 850.00 + vat

plus fitting and new syncros, a place in liverpool has been recomended for building the box,
the company is Lateral Performance Ltd and the guy Mark said PPG will warrant the gears at 600bhp .
Is this good news for me?

This is my only choice unless the sequential is avaliabe yet. Is there any news on this, I really want to get her back on the road.

:doh: 450bhp no gearbox to appreciate the power:doh:

noriek2003

NME_RR said:
yes good isnt it,Sorry to add to this thread but is what were all about "keeping it alive"

Also on another note, ive been quoted for PPG gears

1) 1st to 4th dog kit, and 3rd-4th billet selector £2675.00 + vat

2) 5th gear dog kit £ 850.00 + vat

plus fitting and new syncros, a place in liverpool has been recomended for building the box,
the company is Lateral Performance Ltd and the guy Mark said PPG will warrant the gears at 600bhp .
Is this good news for me?

This is my only choice unless the sequential is avaliabe yet. Is there any news on this, I really want to get her back on the road.

:doh: 450bhp no gearbox to appreciate the power:doh:
if a company is suggesting they will be charging you for new synchros when building a dog box i suggest you go find someone else to build it for you :lol:

good luck with the warranty on a gearset :lol:, it wont be the gearset that fails anyways.

i think my ppg owes me about 4k now all in, but thats with the ppg final drive and main shaft

personally i'd forget the ppg 5th, a quaife 5th is £250, just use your old synchros (unless fooked) maybe get a new hub £40ish. You'd have straight cut, dog 1-4 and helical, synchro 5th, good for motorways, simon had this set up. Be warned, this will not stop the gearcase shitting itself on its own, as of yet nothing is proven although having the full ppg should do it..lol

if you wanted to go that way i've got new quiaffe 5th gear (input and main) you could have for £150, a cryo'd mainshaft and ring gear for £100 if you wanted.

this is about as good as you can get without going full ppg which adds another £1200 to the cost of 1-5

Last edited:

Mr GTiR

noriek2003 said:
if a company is suggesting they will be charging you for new synchros when building a dog box i suggest you go find someone else to build it for you :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lucian

Hi good day I'm just trying to find out if there was any solution to the gearbox issue I know it's a very old post/Convo but can't beat a try

I'm trying to run 800awhp but due to gearbox I'm limited and don't want to break my gearbox there harder to find now

Any help would be appreciated

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I'm just trying to find out if there was any solution to the gearbox issue
Hi Lucian

Yes... there is a simple option, get another car!

Unless you have VERY deep pockets, you are wasting your time going for 800bhp+

500BHP with a PPG/Quaife system is possible, but hard launching the car will blow the casing to bits.
Although the gears themselves might last, the surrounding parts will also fail.

I've got a straight cut Quaife gearkit in my car with a PAR or PPG gear selectors (I can't remember its been that long) and I still had issues.
My car spent most of its time on track, but with less than 400BHP, it was problematic.

You could speak to a motorsport gearbox company like Xtrac, Holinger maybe Drenith they could help?

Maybe retrofit an Evo 9 gearbox if you're feeling like a challenge? More options if you can somehow get one of those in there.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Lucian

I don't want another car I like my Old school Nissan's

The car is a street car not drag car but I would like to launch it

The evo drive train ,to complex and cost way more

I would believe by 2023 maybe someone created a fix for the gtir gearbox or created a billet casing

With a sr20vet 800hp is just a taste

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I would like to launch it

I would believe by 2023 maybe someone created a fix for the gtir gearbox or created a billet casing
Launch away, but your geabox casing will last about 2-5 hard launches! :rolleyes:

Then you'll be looking for a new case and they are RARE, plus its not worth cracking, there's so little left as it is!

Lack of road going numbers and rareness, no-one makes anything for them anymore...

The vast majority of products I'm having made for my car are all bespoke, exhaust, suspension etc all custom made now!

astarozna

Solution for 2023 is......roll the drums, DSG DQ500 :tonguewink:
Alternative would be Sadev st90-18, the one they use in Rally Cross.

Lucian

I was actually considering the golf r drive train it's way cheaper than the evo just need to have an adapter plate made and maybe a clutch flywheel setup

I wasn't planning to launch the car as is with the normal gearbox it wouldn't be smart of me because it's hard to find a replacement no launching until I find a big HP fixed

There was a post where a guy used a TT gearbox with the haldex on his gti-r

So I might go with a 6 speed manual golf r box. still in process of research but so far this is the only power capable affordable awd box I could think of golf r almost 300hp from factory saw some guys running 800hp but that's with the DSG

astarozna

There's a guy on youtube who does adaptation of dsg's to heeps of engines, looks straight forward. Why would you go manual if you can run dq500 as a manual if you want. Stock dq500 can handle 600nm and with slight upgrade you can go up to 1200nm.

bill-n14

Hi good day I'm just trying to find out if there was any solution to the gearbox issue I know it's a very old post/Convo but can't beat a try

I'm trying to run 800awhp but due to gearbox I'm limited and don't want to break my gearbox there harder to find now

Any help would be appreciated

hey mate
if you go for this power --is alot of power-- only best solution is go for dsg auto with pedals
from tt or s3
is faster
is quicker than others trans
is handle more power than others

there is other solution evo but is boring to change speed up and donw
and is much more expensive than dsg auto

i have some mates done this conversion