Holinger Sequential Gearbox...

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Right, I got in touch with Hollinger about the possibility of a Holinger Seqential Gearbox that would be good for 700bhp+...

Here is what i got back:-
Rishi,
We are currently looking into the design of a kit for the Nissan Pulsar.
Do you have a designation for the gearbox so that I know we are talking about the same thing.
Kit will include basically all the internals including ring and pinion, but excluding the diff.
Price will be about AU$12,000. + freight.
If you have any suggestions I would be interested in you comments.

Best regards,
Leigh Nash.

Holinger Engineering Co. Pty/Ltd.

I've passed on my thoughts and ideas but i would appreciate any more input from the rest of you who genuinely want to make this happen...

£5k for a Holinger Sequential Geabox is pretty good!...

Cheers,

Rishi

O

Odin

Yeah 5k isn't a bad price for one of there boxes 8) :wink: , But I would think it would only be of any real use to you people going for silly power, I feel that my Quaife is up to the 400 to 450 bhp I'm going for but if it ever brakes I might be interested, Are they planning on useing the standard caseing? as this seems to be a bit of a week point of late.

rob

Rishi

yeah i can see this box not being for everyone... But there are still a few who could benefit from it...

Its points about the casing that i need to know about so that i can pass this back to Holinger... So cheers Rob...

Whats the casing made from...? Maybe we can advise a stronger material...

Rishi

O

Odin

RishiGTiR said:
Whats the casing made from...? Maybe we can advise a stronger material...
The casing is made out of an alloy casting mate.

rob

Rishi

LOU ROB said:
I'd be interested in this. 5k is a good price.

Just haven't got 5k at the mo :(

Its not going to be finished for a while yet so you have plenty of time to save mate... :wink:

GINGA

Having a sequential box would be exellent for dragging and track 8) but feel the problem of the gears failing has been mostly resolved by the use of quaife gear sets etc, the problem is now the case strenght thats holding the R back.

Rishi

GINGA said:
Having a sequential box would be exellent for dragging and track 8) but feel the problem of the gears failing has been mostly resolved by the use of quaife gear sets etc, the problem is now the case strenght thats holding the R back.

The quaife isn't rated as high as 700bhp... Although it may well hold that sort of power/torque just fine... Time will tell...

I've asked Holinger about the case and suggested a few different ideas...

Althought the fact that its a Sequentail makes it all the more fun...

Rishi

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
5 speed or 6 speed? :wink:
It would certainly knock a few peoples times down that can't change gear fast. :wink:

Rishi

Fast Guy said:
5 speed or 6 speed? :wink:
It would certainly knock a few peoples times down that can't change gear fast. :wink:
No idea yet... Will ask them...

Although i imagine the 5speed would be easier to make stronger...

C

carpy100

im assuming that is a built complete box and not just a kit?
if it is the complete built box i can feel a bank loan coming on!!
would deffinitely have one.
regards,
paul.

Keira

i'm already planning what next if the quaiffe breaks :( 5k is good but like has already been said if its in the standard casing its a waste of time :( I've had numerous conversations with people in oz and nz and they have said the same as we've seen, casings failing but gearsets ok, i've had a few of my cunning plans :lol: and reckon i can get around the problem of weak casings without welding but refuse to tell anyone as they will laugh at me :roll: :lol: si's adapting his brace to fit his as he made it up on a gear box casing that had different size bolts :oops: :lol: so its yet to be tested but he'll be getting that on soon. 8)

if worst came to the worse i'd be looking at getting a casing made up stronger than whats available, if everyones plans come to fruition its the transmission that will hold things back as theres nowt wrong with what you can do to the engines :shock: 8) 8) 8)

stugtir

Id be well up for this if there going to replace the standard gearbox casing?

Ive been looking in to the PPG gearset and althoughit seems very strong it just comes down to the casing again!

I think 5k is a good price considering the PPG is around that mark!

Would this have any affect on differentials etc?

Definatly sounds good to me as im hoping for anywhere over the 450 bhp mark and 450 lb/ft of torque.

keep us informed Rishi :wink:

stu

Rishi

Like i said earlier i have mentioned the issue with the casing so we'll see what they come up with...

i suggested that they use a harder material... I also offered to send pics of the break area and see what they can do...

Rishi

S

stokie1

should of ordered my ppg by now but due trother reasons not
had the cash, sequential sounds very intresting and the kind of thing i
am looking for, what time scale u looking at ? at best i'm looking at needing one by mid august time, and at worst ready for next spring

R

robinsongtir

Rishi,

Any ideas how much a just a full 5 speed dog box is with custom ratios? I plan on modifying an Ikeya sequential shifter if I go with a full dogbox.

K

KRS

...I would be intrested if they did the casing to, I can send you pics if you want to show where mine broke apart.

Rishi

KRS said:
...I would be intrested if they did the casing to, I can send you pics if you want to show where mine broke apart.
Yep PM me those pics mate..

The Box is barely in development... i have no idea of timescale..

I've just been giving them some input as they requested...

I'll see if i can get a timescale from them...

Rishi

M

MarkMc

I have a full Modena dog box straight cut everything that cost me 10K(Aus) not fitted(just fixed). If I new I could have got 6 speed sequential(holinger the ultimate gear box people) for 12K I would have jumped at it. As my box is having a few teething problems at the moment and when the 3540 goes on it will only get worse.

If you could post up some more info on the Holinger box before the forum closes it would be good(much appreciated) for a former member like my self in AUS. Good luck with the new forum :)

Cheers

Markmc

M

MarkMc

robinsongtir said:
Rishi,

Any ideas how much a just a full 5 speed dog box is with custom ratios? I plan on modifying an Ikeya sequential shifter if I go with a full dogbox.
Are you talking about device that sits external to box, but makes it shift like sequential I think there's a guy in NZ developing kits for WRX’s and the like at the moment(may have been just BS on the MRT forum thou). What was the cost of the kit you were looking at if you don’t mind me asking.

Cheers

Mark