greddy emanage ultimate settings

nitrosgti-r

Oh dear thats not good news mate!!

Yeah i could see the input on the datalogger and i have a log of the before and after it started playing up the other day when i thought it went into limp home mode, on further inspection it appears that it is this output signal i didnt have when i crawled home.

What do you recon i have done then edd? Do you think i might have blown the emanage? I blew the engine count fuse the other day just as i went to test the voltage to check the wires going into the afm. I had 0.9v going to the hotwire side and 14.1v to the live wire.

Do you have an email addy and ill send you my logs.....

nitrosgti-r

logs and maps sent. What do all of you with emanage ultimate recon then?? Do you recon iv blown it? My only other option is to manually input the output volltage and do away with the maf signal. But i need to get the numbers from somewhere???

Is anyone willing to help out??

Fusion Ed

You cant get the numbers from just anywhere. You have to get them from data logging your own car. FYI you then need an airtemp sensor. When I last looked greddy didnt list one for the emu. Its stuff like that and how awkward they can be that made me stop recommending them.

I shall have a look at your logs / map over the w.e. just DOUBLE CHECK AND CHECK AGAIN the MAF OUTPUT from the E-MU to the correct orange MAF INPUT to the ECU.

And try that start map i posted up. If that fails then yes you may have somehow killed the emu. although that is pretty unlikely.

nitrosgti-r

ok ed i will double check it all now. I have just run the ecu that steve @ fc tuning did me and that was for 700 inj and q45 maf, the car cleared the fault code test and idled and ran but it majorly over fuelled on boost but thats down to his shit mapping and hence why im here in the first place.

It cleared the fault code test so it must be the emu.

Fusion Ed

If all else fails send me your ecu and for a nominal fee I can put on a map that should be ok for you, at least until you can get it set up properly.

Fusion Ed

Just looked at your map, Some changes for you to do:

TURN OFF Anti engine stall setting.
TURN OFF Boost limiter cut setting
TURN OFF Accel I/J Map
TURN OFF Rev Limiter cut setting (no use on a pulsar)
TURN OFF Aux out setting
TURN OFF Idle Adj setting

Then see what happens.

Looking at the logs now.

Fusion Ed

Ok the logs are fairly normal. Do as I said above just make sure that you turn off boost limiter cut setting. That may cure your MAF output voltage.

nitrosgti-r

cheers for this mate, good news is that i now have output voltage!!!! I used your map and bang, staight in :) I have just come in and seen your post and will now dissable all these features. I have it running on the q45 maf as i wasnt convinced the z32 wires were correct, i have just done a search and seen steves post on what wires do what and i thought this was how i had them? Anyway, i will wire it all up tomo and see how i get on.........

PHeeeeeEW :)

Also, what is the engine number used to use the q45?

And, what method is best for setting the base timing??

Fusion Ed

Base timing set with something like datascan. But you can also just move the dist so that the emu reports what you see on the crank with a timing light.

Oh and I thought my map would work ;) The Q45 maf is from a VH45DE engine.

BTW if either of those mafs are too close to the turbo it will never idle right.

Contrary to what everyone says the Z32 do not need a chassis ground the signal ground works fine, and maintains the correct star ground setup as what should be used with all important engine sensors.

Ed

nitrosgti-r

Does the ecu report the reading WITH the trottle position sensor on or off?? I tried setting the base timing as per a thread on here, dis con the tps and rev a few times and set the timing to 20 on me light and moved the distributer so the second notch on the crank was flashing, which was nice, but once i re con the tps sensor the reading is now showing 0* Is this right? Im not convinced?? Is that then @ 0*?

My engine code thing in emu doesnt have the VH45DE option so out goes that idea.

Just off to rig up the z32 maf.......properly hoefully

nitrosgti-r

Right then.....back to square one!!

I rigged up the z32 how i thought it should be and i had output voltage and idled lovely, no fault codes. Took it down the road and it started again, intermittent throttle, like launch control almost. Got it back to garage and did a fault code check and its throwing up a 1 2 yet again but i have output voltage this time?? WTFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??

The input and outputs are very unstable and neither will go over 0.50v??

nitrosgti-r

nice one chris bang on!! How can i rig up the q45 to the emu then as the numbers above arnt in my pull down menu. Is the q45 not compatible with the emu then??

ChrisS

nice one chris bang on!! How can i rig up the q45 to the emu then as the numbers above arnt in my pull down menu. Is the q45 not compatible with the emu then??
Are you sure its not in there. Never looked for it but id have thought it would be listed. Ed might be able to help.