greddy emanage ultimate settings

nitrosgti-r

Thanks for your help on this mate, a few things are clearer now :)

How do you set the voltage for the a/f meter as this sounds feasable. I have an AEM eaugo wideband and have it rigged into option 2. The lead i had has 2 cables in it, one red and one black, the red one has gone to the white wire from the wideband and the black to my earth point.?

ChrisS

Thanks for your help on this mate, a few things are clearer now :)

How do you set the voltage for the a/f meter as this sounds feasable. I have an AEM eaugo wideband and have it rigged into option 2. The lead i had has 2 cables in it, one red and one black, the red one has gone to the white wire from the wideband and the black to my earth point.?
Ive got the innovate one so not too sure the exact wiring ect and i havent seen the Greddy lead to connect to either. The innovate one has 2 annologue outputs, from the factory these are set to normal wide band opperation and one that simulates narrowband opperation. If you want to use the 2nd output as a true wideband you have to change the setting on the controller using the laptop. I'd guess the AEM will work in a similar way. On the emanage you will need to set the voltage to the same as the wideband output, it will be in one of the drop down options for the option port you have plugged into. You should be able to find out what the voltage readings are from your AEM manual.

Last edited:

nitrosgti-r

ah right i see, i think the white cable is for an analogue signal 0-5v but i think i need the blue cable as this is ment for datalogging and gives out a digital signal according to the web site. I will try this and see if i get better readings??

Sorry for the quick reply yesterday as on the mrs laptop and the battery was running out.

The timing light question was a simple one really, i have an arrow on the lead that hooks on to the spark plug wire to pick up the spark signal and couldnt remember which way the arrow was supposed to be but as iv though about its obvious so no worries there now

BUT, With my ignition timing, i have set it to 20 on the advance dial on the light and set it at the tdc mark on the crank so this should be -20 btdc which is the recommendation and this was all done after a few revs with the tps OFF. So i put the tps back on and the tdc mark is now at 0 so the spark is firing at exactly tdc, is this right??

I put the stock maf back in and had all the setting to 0 and its was overfuelling like a pig and hardly running but how could this be if the emanage is 0?? Whats the cc of the injectors of the R? Is it 370cc or 440?

ChrisS

You might need to use the feed off the wideband that youve currently got going to your gauge to get the correct signel to the emanage then. Unless theres the option to change the out put on the other wire(blue one).

timing guide can be found here http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/sr_setup_tips.shtml

Make sure that there are no fault codes on the emanage and it has linked up to the laptop correctly. If it doesnt it will put it into a limp mode which will basically chuck loads of fuel in and hardly run. I had this happen when i first linked up my blue to the E-01 controller. Shit myself until i realised what had happened!!

nitrosgti-r

Nice one red reading, how comes when you enter the car sr20det (14) in the vehicle tab on the emanage it comes up with 370cc?? My injector map is set to -15 just to get it to idle not quite so rich but the airflow has been changed to vg30dett (i think) which is the right one for the z32? And the settings in the I/J tab is before 440cc and after set to 440cc with the lag times set to 0.0, so what the fook is going on here as i thought the emanage should be compensating and making its own alterations??

Thanks for that link chris, very helpfull :)

On the wideband you only need to wire up at ign 12v live and an earth and the plug for the wideband o2 sensor etc just plugs in the back and its all done, idiot proof really (lol) It is being said on many forums that you only need to connect the white wire, on other forums its saying you need to connect the other side of the harness wire to earth?? Quite confusing really and i dont even know that the harness is the right one? I only know that i do get a reading from what i have, its just not the same reading as im seeing on the guage?? I think i try and bung the blue wire on there and see and also change the settings from 10-30 to 10-20 as the guage goes from 10-17!!

I dont think the emanage is throwing up any codes, active light is solid green when ignition is on (engine not started). With the laptop connected and the engine running, the red light flashes quickly aswell as the amber light and this means its communicating etc, which i think is normal judging by the manual. NO engine fault codes on the engine check light either.

Im still miffed as to why the engine run as shit as it did on all stock stuff and it could well have been in limp mode for some reason?? I got the car back to me garage as it was running so poor i didnt want to push it too far, i went to check the voltage on the maf on idle etc and the engine count fuse blew right in front of me!! I shorted the 2 connectors across just to get it started again and i had no lights or anything from the emanage, and i thought i had blown it!!! I was going rip the whole lot out and throw it out the window but luckily i had another stock ecu in the garage and this sorted it, so i think it blew the other ecu?? So this is why im asking questions on here as im sure you can understand if you read most of my posts on here, im not the luckiest person with this fecking car!!!!!

Im gonna try and set the timing yet again later using the method of stabilizing the mark on the pulley by revving to 1100 or so revs and then set my light to 20* and be done with it!!!!

nitrosgti-r

no mate they were set to 440 before and 440 after and the lag times o.o

dont suppose anyone else cares to help out and shed some light? Is it me or is this tuning lark a game we play with the cards close to our chests? If so......why?

ChrisS

no mate they were set to 440 before and 440 after and the lag times o.o

dont suppose anyone else cares to help out and shed some light? Is it me or is this tuning lark a game we play with the cards close to our chests? If so......why?
You need to try and find someone with an ultimate fitted already, preferably near where you are and see if they'll let you have a look at their set up. Id have no problems with doing this but i have the blue fitted so not much help there. Was going to use the ultimate so ive done a fair bit of reading up on the functions ect but no practical experience of using it and ive flogged it now.

Injector size settings are as they should be, think its going to be a case of you going through and checking each of the perameter settings and maps to make sure they're correct. Also have you checked your jumper settings on the actual board?

nitrosgti-r

there is no one around here with the ultimate mate. I have been through the parameter settings over and over, and there isnt that many to be fair, but im sure there all ok? I actually bought the unit off steve pudney and he had it all set up by micra edd so im assuming the jumper settings would be all in order. I wired it all up exactly how he did aswell as he cut his loom off at the bulkhead. This helped out alot as the jumper setting are a bit beyond me aswell. There is a map on there aparently thats set up for 1.8 bar using 700cc inj and z32 with 3071 turbo, thats what i had so thats why i bought it. Funny thing is tho is that the timing map on that 1.8 map is 0.0??

Also, while im here again, on the timing map, whats advance is it -20 or 20??

ChrisS

Shouldnt really have been anything to change on it then. Very strange. So on the timing map on it theres no adjustment being made at all to the standard timing?
The timing map advancing will be a positive number, eg 5. Retarding would be -5. Can you download the map and email over, may be able to spot something on it.

red reading

Mapping is'nt my thing mate,engineering etc is.but i do know that on the nistunes edd uses he set's the base timing to 10-12 degrees which is what he may have done with your emanage on pudney's car.you may also find that the ignition timing did'nt need messing around with when the car was mapped.on my car he also used 800cc evo injectors (and wired differant plugs on the loom to fit them)

eastwood

Just been reading this thread and I may have a emanage blue to fit on mine I hope I dont have these headaches!!!

nitrosgti-r

i hope not either mate!! my advice would be to read up as much as you can and get the car running on stock stuff first and do some data logging on that before uprating things. Either way mine is a head doer as its all new to me.

chris, no theres no alterations to the timing map at all except -11 @ 1000rpm at 0* throttle. I would email you the map but theres nothing on it lol

red reading, cheers for that mate, will bear this in mind and set the base timing to 10 deg as soon as i can set it to a reliable figure as im happy with the method i just used.

A quick update

I now have unstuck injectors and it turns out they respond better to settings 440 before and 550 after and lag times blank for the min so im thinking they were actually 550cc and NOT Denso 700cc's as i was told they were, so that was nice!!

Going to try and get the base timing set that im happy with next, dont know how yet but......

Fusion Ed

Sorry chap, I have not had time to reply to your pm. E-manage ultimate are notoriously fiddly, you just have to remember that nothing is absolute all figures are approximate at best (injector sizes etc).

Just to quickly clear a few things up. I use base ign of 20deg for 99% of the cars i work on. SOME I use other values for various reasons not relating to this thread (and relates to my own research).

Also problems with blue e-manage do NOT relate to the GTi-R its a generic e-manage thing and its dependant on the vehicle in question NOT the blue e-manage, so vary's between cars. GTi-R 200% will work almera GTI 150% will cause problems etc..

Firstly if any of this had already been said I apologise as i only skimmed the thread.

I have a word of warning however. I have seen injectors get stuck before immediately after being cleaned (in fact I have more trouble with 'cleaned' injectors than original ones.) I wouldn't trust them until they were flow tested again. I have experience very close to home of injectors playing up after sticking causing engines to melt. Its not worth the risk.

E-manage blue is better on the gtir imo it just works and never pisses about.

But by FAR and away the best option is to just remap stock ecu. Its 100x better in how the car runs and behaves than any other realistic option for the gti-r.

Just to add if you want to try a clean base file if your still not running try this:

http://www.fusion-motorsport.co.uk/emanage/start.EM2

as i said values are a guide only choose different inj values for ones that your car likes. If it works you can start with all the frills wideband etc after. Also, DONT use auto tune unless your very careful. It can ruin a fuel map in no time at all.

ChrisS

i hope not either mate!! my advice would be to read up as much as you can and get the car running on stock stuff first and do some data logging on that before uprating things. Either way mine is a head doer as its all new to me.

chris, no theres no alterations to the timing map at all except -11 @ 1000rpm at 0* throttle. I would email you the map but theres nothing on it lol

red reading, cheers for that mate, will bear this in mind and set the base timing to 10 deg as soon as i can set it to a reliable figure as im happy with the method i just used.

A quick update

I now have unstuck injectors and it turns out they respond better to settings 440 before and 550 after and lag times blank for the min so im thinking they were actually 550cc and NOT Denso 700cc's as i was told they were, so that was nice!!

Going to try and get the base timing set that im happy with next, dont know how yet but......

There should be a number on the denso's, google it and you should be ableto track down the size you have. I thought i had 550's in but turned out to be 660's.

ChrisS

as i said values are a guide only choose different inj values for ones that your car likes.
Ed, does this apply to the blue aswell? Mine is overfueling with very little increase on the emanage to the injector duty (3%), to the point where i would say the standard map with no adjustment on the emanage would also result in over fueling. If i then change the injector size down presumably this would have the same effect as reducing the fueling as the blue doesnt allow you to take fuel away just on the injector map?

nitrosgti-r

Edd, thanks for that mate, your help and advice is very welcome!!

Ok, i think i have managed to set the base timing but i now have a new problem, i think i have fried the z32?? dont know how but the fault shows a 1 2, which is air flow and i have no output reading on the data logger, what have i done now? lol I have tried a q45 maf i have here but i dont know what vehicle code it comes from, but i have got the car running on it and i still have no output and throwing the code up??

Grrrr

Fusion Ed

Ed, does this apply to the blue aswell? Mine is overfueling with very little increase on the emanage to the injector duty (3%), to the point where i would say the standard map with no adjustment on the emanage would also result in over fueling. If i then change the injector size down presumably this would have the same effect as reducing the fueling as the blue doesnt allow you to take fuel away just on the injector map?
I would say it applies to the blue even more - it makes its corrections via altering the airflow signal, which really is a crude way (although it does work).

So yes tell the blue you have larger injectors than you have and it will pull fuel then you can add fuel on the additional injection map, not the airflow correction - you shouldn't even really need that map - and go from there.

Fusion Ed

Edd, thanks for that mate, your help and advice is very welcome!!

Ok, i think i have managed to set the base timing but i now have a new problem, i think i have fried the z32?? dont know how but the fault shows a 1 2, which is air flow and i have no output reading on the data logger, what have i done now? lol I have tried a q45 maf i have here but i dont know what vehicle code it comes from, but i have got the car running on it and i still have no output and throwing the code up??

Grrrr
You should be able to see input airflow voltage to the e-manage. AFMs are pretty hard to kill I have seen them wired up backwards and everything. make a log and send it to me. Failing that check wiring and see what's going on there.

If you have AFM voltage going INTO the e-mange and nothing coming OUT of the e-manage you may have more serious problems.