greddy emanage ultimate settings

nitrosgti-r

I have have just installed my geddy emanage ultimate and its running like a bag of shite!! I have a strong suspision its the 700 injectors but i have had them sonic cleaned recently but i think they have buggered them up?? Im going to resort back to known working stock injectors 2mo and if that doesnt do it then go back to the stock maf aswell. Its like its running on 3 and all plugs are black (rich) apart from # 3 and thats white so.....

Anyways, amongst a these problems at the mo i need to know what you have set the input and output channels to in the ign column?

Also, what to set the injector size to and lag times if im goin back to stock?

cheers

nitrosgti-r

no i dont mate :( somthing is telling me to not get it over 400hp i recon?? I had it set up to 1.5 bar on the 3071 and stock inj and maf and was flying before i fitted the emanage!!

red reading

why don't you try one step at a time? do the z32 maf first? and as for 700cc injector's (someone correct me if i'm wrong) i don't think the emanages like running them for some reason,i'm buggered if i can remeber what it was but i think 600cc are about the largest they can handle. and never give up

ChrisS

why don't you try one step at a time? do the z32 maf first? and as for 700cc injector's (someone correct me if i'm wrong) i don't think the emanages like running them for some reason,i'm buggered if i can remeber what it was but i think 600cc are about the largest they can handle. and never give up
Its the emanage blue which doesnt like the larger injectors, the ultimate is fine.

It sounds like you havent got all your peramiters set up properly to start off with. Make sure youve selected the correct MAF and put in the new injector size. If everything else is then set to 0 (including the the injector signels)emanage wont be changing any of the signels going to the ecu apart from making the adjustment for the different maf signel and trimming the fuel map for the larger injectors.

Once youve got that working you can then start to alter the fuel and timing maps.

Make sure aswell that there are no fault codes showing.

nitrosgti-r

cheers for that advice red reading, i will try not to give up but have been very tempted in the past and me and the R still got through it (lol)

Yep still in one piece trip, i had the fpr cranked up and a nice mines ecu daughter board in there, was leaning out slightly at a certain rev range but nothing too major, hence why i got this emanage, so i can alter things i need too.

Chris, yes thats what i am after, the correct settings....... No lights flashing on the emange so no faults here.

Its turns out that it IS the injectors as i put the stock ones back in and its sweet now, well on idle anyway, not had a run yet but.....

before inj = 440
after inj = 440

lag time = 0.00

FPR set to 3 bar

splendid

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Glad to here it was your injectors and not the emanage...........................not that I don't dought your amazing wiring skills :lol:

nitrosgti-r

Nice one mark. Im going to try and get the sticky injector fixed, hickleys do it apparently?

OK next problems/questions:

Just to re cap, 3071 turbo, stock injectors (for the minate) z32 maf

1. I have set the base timing with the throttle positon sensor OFF and set to 20 on my timing light, is this right? With the tps ON it reads 0 on the timing light, is this right?

2. Bit of a knob question, on my timing light does the arrow for the spark lead have to point towards the spark plug?

3. When im data logging, the a/f line reads a different reading than the guage, ie, 21(v?) when the guage reads 14.7 on idle, whys this? is this right??

4. Not had a chance to take it out for a run yet as my laptop battery keeps dieing, so just trying to get to grips with it at idle etc, BUT, when i do, what map should i set for the target first...the airflow adjustment or the injector map??

I think thats it for a minate

Thanks for your help guys :)

ChrisS

3. When im data logging, the a/f line reads a different reading than the guage, ie, 21(v?) when the guage reads 14.7 on idle, whys this? is this right??

4. Not had a chance to take it out for a run yet as my laptop battery keeps dieing, so just trying to get to grips with it at idle etc, BUT, when i do, what map should i set for the target first...the airflow adjustment or the injector map??

Thanks for your help guys :)
HAve you set the voltage of the wideband input up on the emanage correctly? Also if the wideband has 2 outputs such as the innovate LC-1 ones, you may need to set the output on that also.

You shouldnt need to play about too much with the idle if at all as the standard ecu settings should be fine especially as the change in MAF and injector should have been compensated for by the emanage.

The airflow adjustment map alters the signel to the ecu so it access a higher load part of the standard map. I personally would be looking to map the fueling and ignition to suit your mods and not use the airflow adjustment map at all. If your using the selflearn/map facility to reach target a/f ratios then you need to be doing that in the injector map.

Not quite sure what you mean with the timing light set up, but you need to set it using the marks on the pully.