Carbon Turini bonnet

A

Anonymous

If you go into "Buying & Selling" and look up Turini R for sale again that has pictures of both the bonnet and the bumper, It's Phil Cavanagh's old car.

Cheers Bryan

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I finally got to speak to Pete at SENissan today. :) The upshot of this conversation was that, he's hoping to have my bonnet ready tomorrow. They've been doing tests with new materials and it's been coming out ok so far. He said he'll ring me and let me know how it goes either way. :shock:
If all goes well, then it's 1.5 days per bonnet after that, and if any bonnet fails, a further 1.5 days.
I won't hold my breath as it's been 3 months tomorrow since I ordered it, but it would be nice to get one as I'm very close to saying "you're aving a larf, give us me money back" :(
I'll hopefully be able to give you an update tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

fast guy.
i sympathise with ya mate but be carefull.
i cancelled my brake pads 4 weeks ago and so far after 10 phone calls they still refuse to refund my money :x :x
i hope you have better luck than me mate but i will never use them again. :evil: :evil:

G

GTI-R Kid

Sorry to hear its taken you so long Carl - but hopefully it'll be worth it when it finally arrives! :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Good job I didn't hold my breath.........No phone call!
When I rang them, "He's just taken a car for the MOT" :shock:
At least it's a new excuse :evil:

G

GTI-R Kid

Oh dear - another setback. :oops:

I'll say one thing for you mate - you're certainly patient!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I rang him today on the off chance, "sorry he's not here, who is it?...... Oh hang on a min" and as if by magic the shop keeper appears. :p
Here's what he said. The bonnet skin is slightly stuck in the mould, which isn't too uncommon. They were going to leave it a little longer to see if it just needed to harden and would then pop out, but the guy who was going to help him didn't come in today, so he'll do it first thing monday morning. If all goes well, he'll be able to get it out late monday.
Fingers crossed, but breath not held. :wink:

J

J-GTi-R

I rang him today on the off chance, "sorry he's not here, who is it?...... Oh hang on a min" and as if by magic the shop keeper appears.
That's slightly worrying, who else is he avoiding? :shock:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
At least he's speaking to me again :lol: Just hope he's being up front and not stalling now. I should know, if I don't have a bonnet by friday as on his time scale that's time to try making 3 more. :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well, he rang me today :D The bonnet did stick to the mould and was slightly damaged getting it out, but in a place that isn't too visible and may be repairable. To cut a long story short, he says that worst case I should have one by thursday and best case by wednesday. Here's hoping. :wink:

G

GTI-R Kid

Fingers are crossed for ya (plus i'm dying to see pics of it) :wink:

G

GTI-R Kid

I'm dying with the anticipation at this stage. Now thursday so i really do hope that you get it Carl.

Fingers are crossed for ya anyway. 8)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well, I'm dying of something. :p
No bonnet today. Aparrently, when they bonded the bonnet skin to the reinforcing, the mastic stuff has reacted and ripppled the skin. :roll: They're hoping that it's just a curing process and that it will be ok. He'll ring me tomorrow at 10am and let me know if it is ok or not.
:cry:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Well, the bonnet hasn't improved much, so no bonnet :cry: He's (Pete) is that confident that he'll have one out to me by Tuesday that he'll give me a refund if he hasn't. We'll see :wink: He also said he'd send me a free carbon fibre plug cover for the messing about. (He said credit note, I suggested plug cover, to match my bonnet :p :wink: ) He said he'd send them to the other guys (who've ordered the bonnet) too if they wanted one, so let me know if you do and I'll tell him monday when he rings. :shock: Good job I'm working this weekend again, it won't seem so long til monday. :roll:

R

robinsongtir

I'll have a plug cover then nice one Carl :D as I've been waiting since the day after you ordered yours :evil:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Just off the phone to Pete. He says my bonnet WILL be ready and sent out to me by wednesday. He know's what the problem was with the bonding last week, so it won't happen again. Bonnet number 2 should be out by friday and nos.3+4 next week. He's confirmed he'll send the people who've been waiting ages a free plug cover, so I guess that's us 3 and someone else maybe (I know he's got 4 on order) I might cross my finger this time. Oh well, here's hoping. :wink: :D