Spec & price for 650bhp pulsar please

Mad

See this is where you are wrong my friend, The reason the R is behind all the other 2.0lt jap crap is that Nissan stopped developing the car over 20 years ago, All the Scoobies/Evo's and Skylines have been developed year in year out since the first models where introduced, In the case of the scoobies and evo's it's do to rallying.

The problem with the R is unlike the other two cars it has no newer models that have interchangeable parts unlike the evo and scoobie, No stronger newer engine no new stronger transmission and as you say no tuners with any interest in spending money and time on a 20 year old flawed shitter ;-).
John
John, of course the manufacturers have moved on and make stronger parts for their cars but it is mainly the tuners / individuals and performance companies that design and make the parts to take the cars over 600bhp. The manufacturers don't do this as it would over price their cars and fail new car emmissions / testing. I don't know of any standard Jap car out there that can produce 600bhp by just turning up the boost.

What im trying to say is that there is no market in advancing the GTiR so most people concentrate on the other Jap Cars such as Scoobies / Evo's and Skylines but this doesen't mean it can't be done.

BTW, who is Odin.........

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
BTW, who is Odin.........
Old school member/owner that allegedly did spend 60k...... over 9/10 years of ownership and just achieved 500 break then broke the car the minute the big 500 goal was reached as he knew that despite the lavish care and build costs it wasn't going to be reliable.....

vpulsar

On thing I don't understand why people have the fear of things breaking, I know its why alot of people have ended up selling big spec cars . If some thing breaks up-grade it.
Their are a few reasons people give up, Mine was that after spending thousands and thousands doing just what you suggested, ie up grading everything to cope with the extra power/heat/stress you come to realise that no amount of upgrading will make the pulsar userable with that kind of power.

Plus the fact you get fed up with throwing all your money at a car that you'll never be able to use the way you want, Plus the realisation that the money could be spent having holidays with your family rather than on a car that spends more time off the road being "UPGRADED" rather than driven.

The car I have now wont have half the power of the pulsar, I wont be out dragging any of you but at least I'll get to the end of the strip/lap with out it breaking and I'll have a lot of fun doing it ;-).

Who's this Odin chap you're on about then :??

john

Mad

Thanks Steve.

Im still mythed though why people think 500bhp + is not possible out of the GTiR reliably as it has been done by DDAutosports.

As I mentioned earlier, Craig's car was/ is running 530bhp for quite a while without any problems and hopefully for Brands Hatch it will be running a little more.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
you could always do something like this danish team has done

clicky

then you might have something that was more mechanically reliable but the rest of the car is still 20 years old lol

vpulsar

Thanks Steve.

Im still mythed though why people think 500bhp + is not possible out of the GTiR reliably as it has been done by DDAutosports.

As I mentioned earlier, Craig's car was/ is running 530bhp for quite a while without any problems and hopefully for Brands Hatch it will be running a little more.
Mine was totally reliable mate I never had any problem with breakages, But I did have the quaife box rebuilt periodically because of the extra stress caused by some much power, But I could never get that feeling of woe out of the back of my mind, After seeing so many gearbox casings exploding on the strip.

Thief gets a point where enough is enough and you get fed up with upgrading all the time and you lose the support of your wife and you can't do this kind of project as a married man with out it I'm afraid.

Good luck to all those people who do try and I really really hope that you prove an old fart wrong :oops:.

John

Empty Pockets

Can't believe it took so long for people to figure out, all this banging on about 520bhp and 60k, i was waiting untill he slipped up and signed his post Rob, not John lol.

P

pulsarboby

Would you lot like some cheese to go with all that whine lol

In my short period of Pulsar ownership this seems to be the typical attitude: pulsars are waste of money, might as well go and buy an evo/skyline/impreza etc.

Well if thats what you think and thats as constructive as you can manage, why don't you all clear off and do so? It seems very ironic to me that thesame people that are always talking about raising the profile of the GTi-R are the same people to talk it down at every opportunity.

For the people that have built big power Pulsars, why don't you share some the technicalities of the problems you faced rather than moaning about how you wish that you'd bought something else or gone on holiday more. You spent your money as you thought best and you're not going to get it back so stop being bitter.

For me I love wasting money on cars, I have always spent all my disposable income on modifying, tuning and manitaining the cars I've owned. I don't expect to get a penny of it back, but I get great enjoyment out of it. I really don't see that its anyone's bussiness how I or anyone else spends their money.

if thats referring to my earlier post (which i assume it is)
well youve got me wrong buddy!

i never said it can not be achieved as its already been done and will be done again and again no doubt.

im merely trying to give out some friendly advice and stop the guy from potentially wasting a load of money.
we get people down our place every day with enquiries saying they want 500bhp etc etc etc but many want it done on a shoestring and a lot of them are young lads who are getting themselves in debt to achieve the goal, then realise they cant pay their credit cards or loans a few weeks later then sell the car on at a big loss and regret the day they ever started going down the big bhp route.
these are the cars that get broken for spares and are leading to the demise of the car as a whole. if everyone accepted them for what they are, being ''a very quick 90s hothatch for very little money'' then maybe there would be more left in circulation instead of being broke for financial gain or ending up wrapped up a lamp post or tree somewhere

now if i was clever and crafty i would or should write in reply to the original thread 'YES GO FOR IT' that way i and other traders / tuners can make even more money as people will be buying more stuff for modding etc.

you state that im saying about raising profile of the car and on the other hand im putting it down....well that simply is not true

why do you have to have umpteen million bhpz to raise the profile of a car???
why not accept it for what it is with a sensible power figure (i do), is that putting the car down in any way?

i love these cars as much as i did when i first bought one (not because im a trader) the trading bit came afterwards!
but over the years ive seen all types of builds, projects, and breakdowns and i now accept their limitations.
as trip said the block itself is a 20 yearold design and it does have limitations with regard to cooling, oil flow etc

anyone who has got pots of money and wishes to blow it all on modifying there car to whatever level they wish to achieve then i honestly say good luck to them and i sincerely hope youll be happy with it
take my advice or leave it it makes no difference to me:)
but please dont think im putting the car down just because i say it will not be reliable at 650bhp lol

oh and btw john doe isnt odin as hes not upset anyone yet:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

I gather this Odin chap wasn't very popular then :shock:.

Good job I'm not him then isn't it :thumbsup:.

John

lol he did upset a few people lets say, but i heard that his now turned his attentions to the good lord himself for guidance and the path to richeousness:lol::lol:

vpulsar

lol he did upset a few people lets say, but i heard that his now turned his attentions to the good lord himself for guidance and the path to righteousness:lol::lol:

Ah the old path of righteousness trick :shock::doh:. He must of been a bad fella :cry:.

John

Empty Pockets

We all see the numerous posts about dreamers wanting high power etc etc, but it's actually quite insulting to the people who are doing it when everyone seems to suggest that the only possible reason for doing it is to brag about power figures, and that it's shit, and a waste etc etc, 99% of the different/expensive builds that most people undertake are built for exactly the same reasons as the standard 400bhp builds, self satisfaction. nothing else. Not aimed at any one person but look at all the negative shit in this thread, people say 'you express your opinion, i'm allowed the same' and then post the same shit 5 times, we get that you don't think it's worth it, and that it couldn't/wouldn't work for you... but it didn't stop any of you from trying lol. Humour the idiots who can't spell and want 1000bhpizzles for 5k without the generalisation that it can't be done, and if it can it will be shit, the only thing thats shit with these cars is the drivetrain, which would have been done ages ago if people weremore interested in reliability than carbon bits and the like, once someone steps up and gets a billet case made they'll be available off the shelf for 3k, same with shafts/prop etc, once the prototypes are done and they're readily available you'l be able to get a solid drivetrain for the same price as any other car, which is still gonna be 10k+ so nobody will bother and whinge about cost lol.