Raising the compression?

Paul20

its more the torque that kills the box but it would be interesting for the people that are using helical cut gears to see just how much end load the case can take before it pops off.

warringtonjack

Didnt Bob undertake some meaurements of this sort? i.e. how much lateral pressure the standard case will take before failure? :?

I'm assuming these people will be able to use finite element analysis to work out a strong design / maximum stress of any prospective box? Think this was mentioned previously. :noidea:

saddler

warringtonjack said:
Didnt Bob undertake some meaurements of this sort? i.e. how much lateral pressure the standard case will take before failure? :?

I'm assuming these people will be able to use finite element analysis to work out a strong design / maximum stress of any prospective box? Think this was mentioned previously. :noidea:
i will ask///

kevgti-r

i brought one with a 4" inlet but couldnt be bothered messing around trying to fit it:lol:
i sent the turbo to turbo dynamics and they machined a standard housing for it, now it fits like a standard turbo 8)

hi have removed the front hub(driver side in UK) and removed the clip on the drive shaft,but the drive shaft don't exit..it move but not exit
what is the problem?
help me please

G

gtirkazi

so its possible to retain the stock manifold and install the 3071 without much modifications right?

will a custom manifold be required to fit the 3071?

was thinking of getting a 2871r due to ease of fitment instead of 3071 but wanted to run with a external gate.

any suggestions on this?

vizi0n

The gt3071r is available with an internal wg. Unless you really want it external which is also available.

The stock manifold MIGHT have to be spaced a bit from the head, but it seems like its different on every car. (many different comments)

I'll see for myself this winter when I install mine

vizi0n

I'm wondering how mine will fit ... I have ordered a .86 with a 4" inlet

Does anyone have photos of a 3071 installed in a gtir?

vizi0n

Well the place I'm ordering from doesn't have a 2.75" inlet, and I haven't found any info about people having problem and trust me I've searched through all the 3071 posts I could find! Yes many people reported problem but nobody said anything about the inlet! oh well

Also, why would the downpipe need modification as they both have the same flange and all. The only difference is the compressor and the a/r of the turbine

Last edited:

vizi0n

oh, well if that's the only problem, I guess I'm fine as I have an extensible flexpipe underneat ;)

If I'm pissed I might just sell it and try to find a 2.75" inlet, but that would mean .64 A/R instead of .86? Which is a bit smaller compressor side

vizi0n

seems like it, but I just need a compressor housing, not the whole thing. I'm just wondering how the 4" inlet model is different other than the cylinder inlet...

I guess I'll find out, the shop just called me, the turbo is in stock right now and I'm going to get it in an hour

gtirjoey

the 4 inch inlet is the same turbo with a bigger inlet. a 4inch inlet is totally pointless as the afm is smaller than 4 inch so all you are doing is creating hassle matey try to get the 2.75 inlet and 86 ar this is the one on my car went on with no hassle

vizi0n

MAP woup lead me to mucho pesos. But thanks for the advice about the Q45 MAF, as I've read on other SR20 forums they are quite identical except for the size.

I'll re-think about the Z32 then.

Thanks for all your input guys, I appreciate :)