Raising the compression?

P

pulsarboby

DannyGTI-R said:
Also check the main in line fuse that is on the + battery terminal, (the little red plastic bit) open it up and you will be able to clearly see if it has blown.

thats the one which i think has blown, that will shut down your ign circuit etc;-)

Trondelond

pulsarboby said:
thats the one which i think has blown, that will shut down your ign circuit etc;-)
Seems like the logical one, as _everything_ has died. Damnit, I won't see what kind of fuse we're talking about until I'm at the garage. And I don't have a drivers license at the moment. This could be a lot of work. :doh:

Trondelond

Well, threw in the new battery and hooked it up. Got lights in the dash when I turned the key one notch, and when I tried to fire it up - it went click and black.
All fuses were ok. Left it alone for a few seconds, and tried again out of frustration. Fired right up. I don't get it.

Oh well, it's running now! :D

Trondelond

Will do. If I find it. :D

What I thought was odd was that it went black, and didn't respond to further turns of the key. But when I left it for ten seconds, everything was fine, as if there was some sort of automatic fuse.

P

pulsarboby

its normally on the thermostat casing where the bottom hose connects, but some people relocate it to the gearbox.

S

s18rra

right ive been told it cant be the clutch fork cause i can still put it in gear when engines off, what i have noticed is that there seems to be a leak somewhere as there is always a small stain under the car, smells like gearbox oil.
could this be the cause of my problems?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It could be the clutch fork. My went last month. The pivot point broke through the fork and I couldn't get any gears with the engine running. With it off you could select every gear.

If that leak is gearbox oil, it's unlikely to be anything to do with your clutch as the clutch uses brake fluid.

Check your gearbox oil level. Take the filler plug out and it should be full to the level of the filler point.

K

keensie

clutch advice

ok so i'm in the middle of a rebuild and will be running over the 400bhp and hopefully nearly as much torque,i know my exedy organic wont cope but i'm after something thats easy on the leg:lol: and wont slip if a quick off the line start is needed.Any ideas would be great but i'm not looking to spend thousands;-)

davey red.r

ive fitted an os giken twin plate in place, ready for the 400 mark,
no probs so far,there one of the best for the bhp, you are going to run imo.
what gearbox will you be running quaife, par, ppg?

davey

Trondelond

Well, there has been absolutely no problems now, after I installed the new battery. So - I guess I'm fine for now. However, I've encountered another problem. New post in the making.

saddler

Had a chat with these today about gearbox end casting..
They said the first mould would cost upto £1000 but after the the cost would come down.. to get a more precise cost of each unit i would need to send them photo's so im going to do that this evening..