Raising the compression?

steve963

noriek2003 said:
we wil see for definate next year whether it works as expected or not, if it does, happy days, it'll be time to go alot faster than has been seen yet with a gtir ;-)
Well good luck from me, dont see many (any?) other cars in this class, with this potential:thumbsup:

noriek2003

cheers

im hoping everything goes as planned. I have much better things waiting for the engine and turbo setup which will make things far more interesting if this all works out ;-)

Radleigh

noriek2003 said:
thats the idea, its not a new idea, i basically ripped the idea off of some of the big horsepower, very fast fwd honda drag cars in the us, they use a similar cuff with great success. They had the same problem with gearcase breaking.

for a drag car, none tbh, i've worked out my maximum mph in 4th and its plenty..

this isn't something that got made to make money as in all honesty i only expect pete and myself to ever have one. Its been made to solve a problem for drag car gtirs. Lou has run good times without it, as have a few others. For a circuit car, trackday car its not worth worrying about, just dont launch like an ass...lol.. If however you really want to build a drag car, with a gtir, this with a straight cut gearset is probably the best you can do to try to stop the gear case exploding.

we wil see for definate next year whether it works as expected or not, if it does, happy days, it'll be time to go alot faster than has been seen yet with a gtir ;-)

Cheers for the reply mate,

tbh I don't really use my car to launch, its being built for a fast road/track car, that I want to be able to use (like most I assume:lol: ) But the casing is the only thing making me paranoid! My gearset will be a PPG, so no problems there.

I am going to get my casing modded, me and a friend are going to do it, I've been looking at several pictures and plan on making them alot stronger somehow, But it will be done.

What are you doing for the bit thats cut out the casing? Or is that just a dummy casing to see if the gearset works with that bar in place?

Cool idea though, I take it its got bearings in it aswell? :-D

E

Elite Racing

Reverse lights

Hello everyone,

This is a bit of a weird one. I have a N15 sss Pulsar with a RNN14 SR20DET installed. I have done all the wiring and the car drives great etc. No problems there. The only issue is that I am trying to get the reverse lights going and the speedo working also. I did not see the engine in the GTIR, only after the engine had been installed into the N15 Pulsar. This means I do not know what the reverse light plug looked like on the GTIR. I only have two plugs left and I can't seem to find the wires that make it work. I only have myself on this, and it makes it hard to do continuity checks from one side to the other. I know where the wires go over by the driver's side strut tower but can't find where they end up over by the gearbox.
The plug on the N15 gearbox for Neutral and reverse switches looks exactly the same as any Skyline, Silvia, Pulsar, etc that I have ever done but I cannot find the matching plug on the RNN14 loom.

Any help would be great.

Sorry for the repetition, just trying to get my point across as vividly as possible.

E

Elite Racing

I have spent the last half hour or so searching also, couldn't find anything relevant.

GTIR-LOZ

the reverse light switch is built into the gearbox at the bottom near the end of the box away from the bell housing its the only plug on the actual gearbox

geoff pine

If you take the wiring harness where it comes through the bulkhead the first branch off it it the injector plugs and earths. The second branch off is the( Maf a black plug) then the grey plug is the gearbox reversing light doe,s that help . :)

steven_c

2nd gear crunches

I am wanting to go to nissan and order some parts for my gearbox..

I think i am after the sychro as it cruches in to gear just 2nd, and then when coming down the gears in cruches worst.

I am not wanting to replace the gearbox i just want to fix the 2nd gear problem,

So any advise what parts i need?

just 2nd gear syncro? or do i need anything as i am in the gearbox..

thanks steve

davey red.r

id replace all the synchros while your on,
nothing to say another one will go a few weeks after replacing 2nd,
and it having to come out again.

davey

steven_c

davey red.r said:
id replace all the synchros while your on,
nothing to say another one will go a few weeks after replacing 2nd,
and it having to come out again.

davey

yeh good call no point having it out again do you think thats all i need the syncos, any other service parts needed?

davey red.r

you will know better when the box is open,what you need may be good news,
chances are it will be bad.after all it is a gtir box:oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Get a new clutch fork as well if you don't have one. Gear intermittantly crunching was the first indication my fork was on it's way out.