Raising the compression?

Smo

Another update. Here was the culprit! So much for my 'uprated clutch' (which had Nissan written on it).

Strangely it broke right around the outside of the spline and scored the flywheel.

Lovely.

S

s18rra

poorly pulsar (anyone near watford)

right ive had my pulsar for a few months now but it doesnt seem to be running right, i looked under the car and theres oil all over the bottom off the car (not floor). i know my gearbox is going as it cruches bad in 3rd and possibly the clutch too. the car also doesnt seem to be quick enough as im getting beaten by what should be slower cars and even my mate in his automatic bmw 535 can keep up. oh my turbo timers decided to stop working aswell since i got a new battery.
just wondering if theres any experience r owners who fancy coming to see my car and give me some advice or help or even garages near me, im from watford herts.

steve

gtir_pimp

im about 20mins away in chesham, but doubt i could help really. but if you want it sorted out take it to motorworx....http://www.motorworx.net/

ask for carl. they have many pulsars that go their for all sorts. they have rolling road and i see you want to uprgrade your R so carl will be able to advise on that

Radleigh

gtir_pimp said:
im about 20mins away in chesham, but doubt i could help really. but if you want it sorted out take it to motorworx....http://www.motorworx.net/

ask for carl. they have many pulsars that go their for all sorts. they have rolling road and i see you want to uprgrade your R so carl will be able to advise on that
Take it to them, They should be able to sort it..

karting

theve had my car for 3 weeks now, with my overfueling problems with still no idea.

Although i trust them and i always get a detailed answer when i ring, its still 3 weeks with no progress

gtir_pimp

karting said:
theve had my car for 3 weeks now, with my overfueling problems with still no idea.

Although i trust them and i always get a detailed answer when i ring, its still 3 weeks with no progress
but then again no-one on here knows what the problem is. they will get to the bottom of it.where abouts are you based mate? havent seen your R about!

karting

im in farnham common (between slough and beaconsfield).

Im not doubting they wont fix it, just that it has taken 3 weeks with no progress

steven_c

my list whats missing?

Right i have bought the following so far for my engine rebuild after x-mas..

I have sard 600cc injectors
Tubular exhaust manifold
gt3071 turbo
HKS down pipe exhaust then mongoose exhaust all the way back
Uprated plug leads
HKS spark plugs
Hks uprated headgasket
Uprated head bolts
Jun forged pistons
front mounted intercooler
hks mushroom air filter

Apexi boost controller

I am after still the z32 maf + plug
Tempted on uprating the conrods while i am in there...!!!
Paddle clutch will be going in
Also after a big elbow for the turbo which one and who sells them?

What else do you think i will be needing and what sort of power out put will i be getting at that?

warringtonjack

As long as you've also got an uprated fuel pump, the list looks ok. As for the conrods, I think the standards are fine, but you may want to upgrade the bolts. I'm sure others will be able to tell you better than me. :)

As for power, probably 420-450ish, but I think the 600cc might be a touch small for pushing the 3071 to its limit. :noidea:

steven_c

Yeh sorry i have uprated fuel pump already... and yes the gearbox needs a rebuild already before i do the engine, crunching in to 2nd already

KF79GTIR

I would bin the hks air filter if it was me and get a blitz or k&n one as for turbo elbows search for am performance over in australia you may also want a 3" down pipe to help the gases flow there is a thread on here with a group buy on them. Kev.

GTIR-LOZ

you will need acl bearings for the crank and rods and arp rod bolts you may as well throw some arp main studs at it as well

and dont forget the engine gasket kit from erics perfomance parts - essential

you may want to change the timing chain and tensioner also the oil and water pumps are a good ide to replace as they must be getting on for nearly 20 years old now