Plug and play Coil On plug upgrade - would this interest you?

it would be good to meet up some time and I will bring my bits up and you can have a look. Be really good to get it wired up to a car on the rollers with some load. I have only tried it reving the engine to 6k with no load. I will be bringing my car to you in a few months anyway as I plan to get Nistune and you to map it :) If I get my processor a bit more ready in this time I can bring it all with me and see if it's of any use. The only things I need is an optical sensor bolted to block with a plate on the crank pulley (so the processor can see when TDC occurs). Everything else I have.

Fusion Ed

Will work with all factory. I hope to have my R running in it as soon as some plugs for the coils arrive.

So the signal from the ECU is only for one coil, everytime it wants to fire it pulls the primary coil low (which then causes the secondary to try and keep the current flowing and thus the voltage shoots up)..... are you designing some circuit that will interface one signal to 4 then?

Fusion Ed

Yes, I've already done that. The OEM coil and igniter will no longer be needed nor will the top half of distributor!

bensmith907

fair one. if I had read the thread properly I would have known that anyway. sorry! Interesting work, hope it takes off!

Fusion Ed

Been finishing the program code for the fail safe and sync checks. Workshop is very busy this week and next so not had any time to do final testing before trial fitting. Its not far away though :)