group a NME cars

gtiroz

Administrator
Staff member
the homologation document is not specific to individual cars
(fisa produced one original per marque - anyone who wanted to comply with those regulations got a copy to work from)

this looks to be just a normal lhd sunny gti-r that has been built to group-a rally specs (albeit with some rare nme parts sourced over the years)
still very cool 8) but not quite as awesome as originally suspected :(

looking forward to more pics and hopefully some background from the french bloke...

P

pulsarboby

yep thats the car ken
can you pm me the price which it was sold for please in that ad.....great find btw:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

cheers radders

its still unclear as to what this car actually is, being a genuine nme car grp A or N the only thing that is clear is that it has been previously running as a grp A car (imho its deffo not a works nme car).
im still awaiting a reply from yves dulex on it though.

im also unclear what to do with it now ive bought it:roll: but chances are il put it back up for sale as is, with offers invited.
or i may possibly remove some of the parts to put into my project car such as dogbox and proflex suspension and swap them with a quaife and leda setup then sell the rally car on.
itll probably end up back in scandanavia or somewhere like that.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There's a guy on the modifier's who's just posted that he wants to buy an ex-works rally car in LHD... I did suggest that he's going to need deep pockets.

He was also on about the price for converting a car (Danny's) to LHD, but I don't really see why you'd need to if you were going to rally it.

EDIT: I've posted that if he's genuine, he needs to talk to you... but also that you may not want to let it go. (No harm in playing hard)

P

pulsarboby

yep it was stripped and all the good bits are now on our new car lol

the car was not scrapped but has been sold to another member on here who will be using it competetively this year which im pleased about : )