group a NME cars

antgtir

Well done Bob, nice find, i wont ask how much it set you back may give you nightmares lol.

Pics would be good to see thats for sure!

Ant.

Trip

Great find Bob. would be interesting getting more info regarding the adjustable awd system

P

pulsarboby

heres some photos i got when i bought it, il put more info/pics etc up later
the car was driven by urlique laurent in france

think some of these photos were old ones as the car has more bits added now such as terratrip etc, also the logos have changed to jack daniels as i believe the guy worked for them and maybe had some kind of sponsorship

By pulsarboby at 2010-08-31

Last edited by a moderator:
I

iomegalinux

wow that thing have amazing spec one of a kind for sure ....

Spikey

would they of left the heater in? electric Mirror adjustments? and surely the Dash would of been flocked...

topdoggtir

Please don't break it.

I am guessing that would have gone for 18-25k.
If you got it cheaper well done.
You should change the graphics to the one shown above white/ red/ blue.
Would look amazing.

red reading

would they of left the heater in? electric Mirror adjustments? and surely the Dash would of been flocked...
You have got to remember it was 18+years ago that the car was built unless you have a good supply of spares from nismo some things will change over the time.

P

pulsarboby

got some more interesting photos il download in a minute (you may find some of the spares interesting mr herring)

the hubs must be the original spec magnesium ones as they are 114pcd as martyn suggested

not much going on under the bonnet geoff other than standard look, its only when you delve that you start to notice the differences
what i did notice today is that the car is running some serious amounts of camber, i would guess at least 5 degrees both front and rear (whether this is to do with the alloy hubs i just dont know yet tbh)

dencon

Bob. Very nice find. I wonder why these are LHD. You may remember me talking about converting mine because of uneven front axle weights.
Where is the servo on your car, and has it got a cross shaft inside car. den.

red reading

Bob. Very nice find. I wonder why these are LHD. You may remember me talking about converting mine because of uneven front axle weights.
Where is the servo on your car, and has it got a cross shaft inside car. den.

Rally (group a) cars tend to be left hand drive because the driver's were pretty much all from the continent and that is what most of the young drivers learnt to drive in as the cars were sold/handed down. simplez;-) I remember this being asked on a rally program years ago.

P

pulsarboby

heres a few pics of some spares i got with it
interested to know what that gearkit is as its certainly not standard
and also looks like a near new front lsd for transferbox unless im mistaken

red reading

close ratio nismo kit (group N)or the like the diff is the center diff that goes with it i suspect as it probley has a different final drive ratio, it looks that with a good clean and a set of cases i could build a gearbox up with those bits. so a sort of uprated rb box . Need a closer looksy

P

pulsarboby

heres some more photos of the car

interested to know what the pedal is by passengers footrest? theres wires going to it but dont know what it does:?

took the car out for a blast earlier and it certainly goes very well and seems to handle superbly, love the sound of this car as it cackles and bangs when coming off the throttle like no other pulsar ive driven.

the dogbox is a mare to drive with though, its very clunky and you have to be mega precise with the gearchange or you end up grinding gears (doesnt help with the fact that its lhd and im left handed lol) it will take some getting used to.
you can tell the difference with the box compared to quaife, the ratios seem a lot higher and this reflects on the instantaneous response from the loud pedal, it really does accelerate very quickly