group a NME cars

P

pulsarboby

close ratio nismo kit (group N)or the like the diff is the center diff that goes with it i suspect as it probley has a different final drive ratio, it looks that with a good clean and a set of cases i could build a gearbox up with those bits. so a sort of uprated rb box . Need a closer looksy

youll have to pop down danny and see what you can make me out those gearbox bits, thats only some of it, ive got casings, more diffs and other bits too
he also gave me a spare set of rotors for the ap brakes
btw the rear brakes are vented discs
ive got inline silencer decat thats quite unusual
spare ferodo ap pads and some other stuff too...basically we emptied his garage of everything pulsar related.

who would have thought that this lot would have been sitting right on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere nr south of france:-o

was a mission getting there in my truck as it was a steep climb and very tight with sheer drop over the edge, i was cacking myself coming down with the car on back as we met a car coming up other way wheels on my truck were inches from going over the edge, cant tell you how happy i was when near the bottom lol

P

pulsarboby

haha my puppys are standing gaurd in the pikey caravan they like meat so make sure you bring a big steak:lol:

vss irvine

bob going by your pictures, i suspect the car is a more a modified group N car with some group A parts added.

still an amazing car though!!!

the pedal on the co drivers foot rest will either be a control for the terratrip or maybe just a horn to warn spectators.

the group A cars have a remote fuel filler in the c pillar, the shell is stitch welded and theres no seam sealer at all. theres another group 'N' car in the uk and the over wants around 15k for it!

P

pulsarboby

yeah it also seems that the group a cars were done in white (from pics anyway) where as this is grey and not been repainted from white, so i see what you mean with the other points you made noted.

on the papers its deffo a group a car and been running as group a in rallys.
very strange car:?

its weird why someone would enter it as group a and add parts to make it as such when surely it would have been better running as group n with regard to results etc.
im not too clued up on rallying and specs and so forth, i guess the only real way to find out is to see if i can contact this yves dulex guy who had the car built and try get some info from him regarding its history.
hes still racing and currently doing very well with an evo i believe

i know the guy i bought it from had titanium selectors fabricated for the dogbox as the ones that were in it broke after becker built the box, he said that the gearbox alone (with the selectors) had set him back nigh on 8000euros:shock: and ive got the build reciept from becker also so i know hes not lying, all the selectors were precision made by a forging company

il get some photos of the paperwork a little later today

P

pulsarboby

Bob. Very nice find. I wonder why these are LHD. You may remember me talking about converting mine because of uneven front axle weights.
Where is the servo on your car, and has it got a cross shaft inside car. den.

what do you mean by cross shaft inside car den...are you talking about the cage under dash section?
the sevo is on lh side of car basically everything is the opposite way round

with regard to weight distribution....i doubt whether it would have made much difference if im honest...im more inclined to agree with what danny suggested with the fact that virtually all top rally cars are from europe so would be made as lhd

jonnyo

Hi Bob, interesting car ! Could this car have been built for taking pace notes ? I know of one other in this country, that was built to take pace notes for the factory cars ? The passenger side foot rest switch could be for the wash/wipers, that's a co-driver's job and I've seen this before in other vehicles. Keep us up-to-date and let us have a look at that gear box.

vss irvine

good chance its a group ' a' car built to customer spec then bob, rather than a works backed/ built car like j2 nme for instance.

im sure your right that contacting yves will help and youll find out more.

look forward to seeing this one day.

ashills

if it was a factory group A car would it have the special centre diff like the skylines aswell ?
but an awesome car none the less
any clues to what you paid for it ?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I have to agree with what Martyn is saying. I'm not 100% that its a "works car" as there are a number of differences with your car and the works one.

Engine layout, roll cage (check to see if the cage is also connected to the suspension strut like in Tony Bardy's) stitch welding, interior...

I'd be inclined to say its been converted with additional NME and after market parts :thumb:

Here is a full NME works car...

*all gone*

Last edited:

shroom

sounds like you have got a nice car bob bet its brilliant poking around and finding all the goodies and special bits on it,