group a NME cars

P

pulsarboby

theres a few differences here guys i have to agree.
the car i just bought also came with the same works leads which i have in the spares package (same as tony bardys)
soon as i get a chance il download all the paperwork and holomagation documents which i think proves it is a group A car and was running as such but whether this was one of those works cars i really just dont know:?

i personally think some things have been changed over the years such as the rad, possibly the original spec nme box which i may have some of the parts from (im sure danny will tell me as hes gonna build me a hybrid box from all the bits)8), and a few other bits too!

when i was first contacted about the car i had a sneaky suspicion that it may have been a genuine nme car but i was far from sure, i looked at the photos and the spec and thought 'what the hell' road trip:lol: i was gonna buy it anyway....it was however a non runner but i solved the running issues after five minutes when i got back before i even unloaded it off the truck.

im not sure what im gonna do with the car at the moment (i bought it to break it) seriously:twisted:
but now knowing what it is i can not do that so i guess il put it under wraps then maybe do some work on it and make some improvements without really changing to much if you know what i mean.

the other car were building will still be completed..... i need time to figure what to do with this but it will more than likely go up for sale sometime next year as i do not need a full on rally car, im more interested in circuit racing than rallying which is why im building the other car
in a way with it being what ever it is, is a kind of downfall where im concerned as i was gonna whip some bits off it to finish our project and sell other parts on then sell the shell back in europe but my hands start to burn as soon as i approach it with a spanner:lol::lol:

whytie

No way this car should be broken with all those goodies. What kind of price would you be selling for as i have a few thousand shares in my work to cash in ..... yee haa

P

pulsarboby

lol ive absolutely no idea davie its something thats very difficult to put a price on.
im gonna contact yves dulex to find out more info on the car and whether it was him that had it built to his spec by nme....atm its unclear what ive actually got there.

one things for certain though is that i will sell nothing from that car in spares.....i will not strip a car like this as it really is a one off and i consider myself very fortunate to have obtained it.

pulsars are now two a penny (and i dont even like stripping good examples of those now....i would rather sell them whole so they stay otr) but this car has a proper history 'somewhere' lol, so its 100% exempt from my axe weilding hand:lol:
although im a trader i do actually love gtirs and i would also not sell this car to anybody if i had any suspicion that they were going to strip it, its been rallying since its birth and deserves to stay that way

P

pulsarboby

ive just sent yves dulex an email about this car so hopefully he will come back to me and shed some light on its history, results and maybe vids etc

ChrisS

lol ive absolutely no idea davie its something thats very difficult to put a price on.
im gonna contact yves dulex to find out more info on the car and whether it was him that had it built to his spec by nme....atm its unclear what ive actually got there.

one things for certain though is that i will sell nothing from that car in spares.....i will not strip a car like this as it really is a one off and i consider myself very fortunate to have obtained it.

pulsars are now two a penny (and i dont even like stripping good examples of those now....i would rather sell them whole so they stay otr) but this car has a proper history 'somewhere' lol, so its 100% exempt from my axe weilding hand:lol:
although im a trader i do actually love gtirs and i would also not sell this car to anybody if i had any suspicion that they were going to strip it, its been rallying since its birth and deserves to stay that way
Arise Sir BOB, Knight of the gtir world !!!

P

pulsarboby

just photod the homologation papers and fsa books, not gonna do the rest as theres a whole book of homologation stuff lol
but as you can see its clearlly a group A car although like martyn said im still uncertain as some bits dont tally up

hopefully il hear back from the dulex guy with some history soon:)

Last edited by a moderator:

darkyGTI-R

That looks awesome not sure of the graphics though saying that it is definately a one off!
Are those genuine rare Nismo mud flaps Bob?

jjs

hi bob would be interested in the suspension if you decide to break it or change it to tramac spec, jim :thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

the weights on the vin plate and think it says 960kg

now edited danny

darky.....dont know but i guess so

jim....struts wont be for sale sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

red reading

Bob both the cars i had had much later chassis numbers than your's, one in the mid 400's and the other was mid 500's. so your was a very early uk shell

olliecast

Very nice and unique example bob, looking forward to you unveiling some goodies.

Should be some good lessons learnt that we can apply from this

jjs

the date on the validation paperwork says 1991, so the shell must have been about that age , one of the first ,

shroom

no offence tom but i would rather one of your sexy sheep:lol::lol:
Oh and I just got my stockings on

5 sheep and a pair of wellies for the car then lol

Looks a seriously fun bit of kit I heard that it was danny that sponsored the car as he has spent so much money drownding his sorrows on jack, or is that me? Lol I have shares in that car!