who knows how to view bin files (ecu maps)

sypher

Sorry mate my mistake spam folder.. It is still the same, I asume the ignition is on but engine not running and the baud rate is default ( not too fast ).. do you want me to post what I get?

turbodaily

i just downloaded it with ignition on yeah. funny though as it says file size is 32.0kb the same as the one you emailed me.

sypher

did anyone give you info on the switch in the ecu, do you have an EPROM programmer to read the chip? on the ECU I had that didn't allow rom dump it just did NOTHING when trying to download where as you're getting a 32Kb file??

turbodaily

yeah it is strange, wonder what software ollie has, might show something on his perhaps..

does it not show any data if opened on notepad like you said?

turbodaily

yeah just did..

what about if i use the map trace function and then copy my screen image and post it on here.. i think it shows the ign and fuel maps..?

olliecast

looked at this in nistune and i`m getting the same as you sypher.
mabe try switching the switch over? i.e. they`ve only burned it to one sction of the chip?

sypher

some of the early daughter boards used odd / even configuration. where you would get a line of the map then zero then a line of the map then zero etc etc and the other chip was the opposite zero , map zero map etc and you could see this in a graphical viewer, this is not what we have here? any ideas??

sypher

I just realised you are using vista as well, use the snipping tool to just capture the datascan window " new rectangular form"..