who knows how to view bin files (ecu maps)

turbodaily

ive downloaded my map from the ecu via data scan to a bin file but dont know what program to use to view it..

does anyone know how?

sypher

Your PM box is full.

It's been a few years since I have done anything with an R, doesn't datascan have a rom dump and view map section in it? Here is the link I used to get Live Edit.. I'm sorry to say that live edit site seems to be dead now!! I may have a disk somewhere in the garage with Rom Editor on it. I don't think I have Live Edit but I'll look.. If I find it I'll try and mail it to you but yahoo may stop it as it's .exe ( yahoo may asume it's a virus/worm etc ).. I have an executed live edit on my laptop but I don't have a live_edit.exe send me the file you downloaded and I'll try and use photobucket to show you the data.. this has me thinking of getting another R!!

http://wiki.xtronics.com/index.php/EFI_ECU_FAQ

olliecast

live edit as posted on the other thread.
you can always send me the file (olliecast@aol.com) and i'll send you some screen shots from nistune, i.e. compare it to the standard map

olliecast

olliecast is nistune the software to change the ecu not daughter board?
nistune software is able to change the map "realtime", however its also a really good tool for comparing maps etc.

have a look on here mate (www.nistune.com), i`d recommend it and fusion ed uses it who, in my opinion, is the man with the know in the uk with it.

olliecast

How much is it?

I'll upload pics soon..
nistune site says:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NIStune uses a daughterboard for realtime tuning using a modified version of Nissan Consult. It provides faster transfer rates, realtime modification of maps, constants and tables using the NIStune software.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Current price is $440AUD for board, NIStune Software (Individual Users License) and documentation set. Additionally, shipping and transaction fees may apply. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](GST inclusive price inside Australia $484AUD)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Provided with 40 pin header adaptor connector and instructions[/FONT]

so ~£254 for the ecu board and software. You`ll need a lead, i just use a datascan one and its works excellently.
my lm1 wideband also connects directly into nistune and runs afr trace maps etc. I really like it.

olliecast

i`m at me parents skiving tea and the mrs is at work :)

i`ll fire up the laptop when i get home mate and let you know. Looking above though, the standard one certanly does!

Last edited: