White Smole, water 200deg C+

bensmith907

Fraid so, Im keeping the oil topped up to maintain the oil pressure and havent been above 3krevs for a couple of weeks now. It all seems to be doing ok besides the smoke which I assume is Oil from either the #3 Piston, turbo or most likely both. Im still getting ignition in all cylinders and the Bores dont seem to be getting damaged by the looks of the boroscopes. unfortunatly I dont really have much of a choice as I live out in the sticks. I will let you know If my gamble pays off in a later post I guess.

MarkTurbo

Yes, wrong bore size and they're also for a 200sx.

Looks like the cometic headgaskets are so bad they've resorted to giving them away these days :lol:

bensmith907

I did think they were the wrong size, I've read different threads and they say different sizes. so its 86mm exactly then?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It depends what the state of your bores are. You kinda need to take the head off and check them before you order pistons, because the size will change if you need to do any grinding.

bensmith907

right I have fitted a new engine... what exactly do I need to do to stop this happening again? the Mines ECU is waiting to be fitted again but I want to make sure the fueling is perfect on a dyno. what do I need to make this happen as I didn't think Mines's were programable?

samgtr

You cannot adjust the mines ecu as far as im aware, a nistune ecu is adjustable.

The standard ecu is good enough at 1 bar and a slight touch more

STU666V

Might be worth getting your injectors checked, and cleaned? change your fuel filter etc.
Get it checked on the rollers as soon as and take it from there?

bensmith907

Bad start to the new year- I've replaced my engine for a used engine off one of the lads on here, done a Pressure check which has come out at

145, 60 ,60 ,130 with all plugs out

Would you agree the head gasket has gone?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Yep I know that but if the fuel ratio is out how do you adjust it?
There's a screw inside the MAF for that (according to the manual); all it's doing is changing the figure at idle by adjusting the resistance, so I don't know if that has a knock-on effect for the mixture at higher revs. It would make sense if it did though.

bensmith907

There's a screw inside the MAF for that (according to the manual); all it's doing is changing the figure at idle by adjusting the resistance, so I don't know if that has a knock-on effect for the mixture at higher revs. It would make sense if it did though.
Good gen thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It looks like it could have gone. How long has it been sat? Might as well strip and rebuild your old engine while it's out.