White Smole, water 200deg C+

bensmith907

OK done a Compression test today and here's the scores on the doors. (in PSI, not BAR lol :oops:)

Plugs in

136, 141, 108, 135

All Plugs out

146, 139, 100, 135

I replaced all the oil yesterday- It was a bit fuely.
Replaced the oil again today- Black as anything after about 40miles use but not fuely.

Car now runs without misfire but performance is down and smoke is still pluming out the back on gear changes.

Im thinking either piston ring, poor valve seating or Gasket maybe.

bensmith907

I have also got an oil leak in the front Left hand side of the engine just around the distributor... maybe not related and I think I may have (not sure) low oil pressure

P

pulsarboby

the oil by dizzy will almost cerainly be the oil seal around distributor

if the oil smelt very fuelly then you may have a sticky injector which could be causing the problem this could also be causing the plugs to fail quicker than normal so i would get those checked to make sure spray pattern etc is all good.
if the oil was contaminated heavily then you would have also run the risk of running bearings dry so check those out when stripped down

bensmith907

Ok thanks bob I have another Dizzy with a good seal or Ill give a clean and put some vasaline on the one on ther now. do you reckon the car is ok to drive in the mean time?

P

pulsarboby

providing there are no bigend knocks and oil pressure moves up when holding revs up it will be ok but dont go hooning it around untill youve sorted the prob or youll have a scrap worthless engine that you will be able to do nothing with

bensmith907

Just done a boroscope on #3cylinder, There are pictures to follow but it appears the pistons are fine and no scoring on the bore. there is oil that appears to be coming from the valves. Maybe I won't be replacing pistons afterall.